It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
(male)

steitieh HB User
xanax tapering advice!! please help here!

I've been taking 0.25mg once daily for 3 months! I've taken 2 per day for no more than 6 times during the last 3 months!

Now, I am on Lexapro and things look ok! I want to stop taking the xanax now! What I did was I told my doctor and he said it was ok to just stop taking them!

I am freaking out thinking about possible seizures! please advice me here! is it possible to get a seizure if you were taking my dose for the same time and stop it at once?

Please advice here

Thanks all

Old 09-29-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: xanax tapering advice!! please help here!

Your doc probably thinks the risk of seizure is extremely low since your dose is pretty much the lowest a person can take. If you're worried, though, just take like 3/4 of a pill for a few days, then 1/2 a pill for a few more days, then just take a pill maybe every other day for a few days. That's more for your peace of mind, I'm sure your doc wouldn't steer you wrong. That is a VERY small dose of Xanax and it's probably not going to bother your body much to get off it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

kaytee52 HB User
Re: xanax tapering advice!! please help here!

I agree...I've tapered myself off a higher dose that that, and "tapering" is the key. You just take smaller and smaller doses....over days, then maybe weeks. The only reaction I had was some slight body aches....and I found if I took a Motrin tablet the aches went away without ever having to take a Xanax. Your dose is very small....if you take it slow, you shouldnt have any trouble at all...

Closed Thread