It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
(male)

hamiltonkrewe HB User
Agoraphobic Dave's Intro

Hello board this looks like a very interesting site. My name is Dave a 43 y/o married male with panic disorder and off and on agoraphobia. ?
Thanks Dave

Last edited by hamiltonkrewe; 01-21-2008 at 12:48 AM. Reason: typo

Old 09-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

gxpark1234 HB User
Re: Agoraphobic Dave's Intro

hey dave i would definetly look into the tumor in the adrenal gland.. once you do that, and if you are clear.. seriously, stop taking the meds.. i heard and i know that meds just cover up the symptoms and make things worse for the long run. Try exercising and i havent done this yet, but people who have beaten anxiety/panic said the only waybeat this is to face your fear and just forget it ever happened.. sounds hard but its the only way.. anyway.. let me know how things go.. hope everything is well.. take care

Last edited by gxpark1234; 09-29-2006 at 10:59 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 03:25 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User

Hi Dave,
Certainly get that checked out. Wouldn't it be great if that was the cause of your symptoms? Sounds like you've gone through a lot with this disorder. I'm not going to say you should get off the xanax only because although I have a medication phobia I do believe you have to do what you have to do to get through and live a semi-normal life. If that means staying on meds for the long haul then so be it in my opinion. Yes, therapy may help some people, others don't have success with it.

Get that tumor thing checked out and let us know how you're doing. This board is very helpful so come back often!

Take Care,
Tori

Old 09-30-2006, 10:52 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

Hi Dave,
Welcome! sorry to hear you're not doing so great. I've heard of the tumor, I was tested for it by an endocrinologist years ago. I prayed that I'd have it because that way, they could remove it and I'd feel better! Needless to say, I didn't have it. With your family history, though, I'd definitely get a referral to an endocrinologist to check it out, or your primary care doc may be able to help. However, I caution to add: don't get your hopes up. Your history sounds very familiar to us anxiety folks. Take care, keep posting, and make sure to get your Xanax refilled so you don't go off it cold turkey.

Closed Thread