It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 07:49 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
anyone been able to..................??????

Has anyone been able to go back on a med that worked for a long time then quit? This has happened to me with Celexa, paxil and Zoloft. When I tried going back on them it was HORRIBLE!! Has anyone had success and why does this happen?

Old 09-30-2006, 08:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User
Re: anyone been able to..................??????

I'm not sure but my doctor seems to think since I took paxil for 6 yrs but have been off for 3 yrs that I should respond the same. I don't buy that, I've heard that your body responds differently each time you stop and start a med. Isn't this just awful that we have to go from horrible med to horrible med trying to find something to help relieve this disabling disorder meanwhile suffering......it's very frustrating.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #3
(female)

cecropia HB User

I don't know if I understood the question right, but I have gone off the same drug and back on with no problem other than the original side effects each time. The medication I take does not seem very popular here on the boards. I have been on Buspirone for 3yrs. then off for 3yrs., then on 4yrs. and off 3yrs. and have just went back on again 12 weeks ago. It has worked every time and is working again for me. I have never been able to get past side effects with other drugs, so was not on anything else more than just a few days. At this point I have no experience with other drugs other than Buspirone.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

I ahve been off and on Zoloft and it has always made my mood so much better but made me anxious.......this last time I went on it......I was ranting and depressed and full of rage.......I am trying Paxil AGAIN and only on day 2 but very anxious.........sometimes I have one that works great and the next time I go back on it if it had quit working it makes my anxiety WORSE!! I am running out of Meds........I was just on a very small amount of Lamictal wich worked good for both anxiety and depression BUT it made me feel like i was moving and dizzy and cause major sinus problems!

Closed Thread