It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

Countrygirl1 HB User
What should I expect from Klonopin?

My pdoc has just prescribed Klonopin for anxiety. He wants me to take it in the morning for four days. Then, I am suppose to start taking it in the morning and at night. I have not gotten it yet. I'm going to. Just wanted to hear from someone who has taken it.

Old 09-30-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: What should I expect from Klonopin?

i had great results with Klonopin. It was a life saver for me. Although I just started Celexa i still take a little bite now and then if i need to. i just makes me feel relaxed. And i get a good night sleep from it. I was taking a .5 mg and splitting them in fourths. i would take just a quaarter of that. When I first started I was taking a .5, then in a month i cut it in 1/2 and now 5 months later I am taking it as needed. What dose are you on?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

Countrygirl1 HB User

I will be spliting a .5 and taking half in the morning and half at night

Old 10-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

That sounds like a safe and effective dose. I found that that is the drug that got me thru so much. Let me know how you make out and if you have any questions.

Old 10-01-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User

I agree with all the above, its a good drug, can make you a bit groggy at first.im sure youll do fine on it.

Old 10-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #6
(female)

anxiousinnj HB User

Hi all,

Is the Klonopin better to take than Xanax when you have anxiety that keeps creeping in ? I am on Remeron at night & Buspar during the day. I have tried different doses & different times of the day etc. with the Buspar, but I just don't like how I feel with it-- have been on it since mid August ( Remeron since May--may need a change on that as well). I have used Xanax in the past as needed--very rarely but it always made me feel "normal". My psyche doc allows me to use Xanax if I really need it & she has given me a generous supply- but she discourages it on a daily basis because she says you end up needing more and more-- better to use onlly here & there, not regularly.

I thought Klonopin was a benzo also-- how is it different than Xanax ?

thanks ~

anxiousinnj

Old 10-02-2006, 09:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I'm not sure what the difference is either. I've only take Xanax one time (script from the emergency room) and then when I went to my doctor he changed it and put me on Klonopin. I thought the Xanax was great. Maybe when I voiced my opinion to him he then changed it. How much Xanax where you on to make you feel "normal"?

Old 10-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #8
(female)

jen_em HB User

I was prescribed Klonopin to take for stressful events. I deal with my anxiety pretty well on most days, but if I am going through something truly stressful, I am completely unmanageable.

In this case, my doc gives me 6 pills of Klonopin to take. I felt a little loopy the day after taking it, noticing some irrational thinking, but after that first time I took it, I knew what to expect and was able to deal with the side effects well.

Klonopin has worked amazingly for me during my panic attack bouts. I've used it to keep me calm during flights (I hyperventilate on airplanes) and through a few other stressful events in my life.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

I love Klonopin! It's the only thing that has ever helped my panic attacks. I don't take it nearly as often as I'm allowed- I can take a 0.5 mg twice a day, but I might only take it once every three weeks. This is because I get daily panic attacks, so I'm used to them. I take a Klonopin on bad days. I even have the 0.125 mg wafers for even less days. (I should really take one right now...) Anyway, the 0.5 mg ones knock me out. It's nice. My muscles just get all relaxed and the tension is relieved, and then I fall asleep. The bad thing is that it sometimes makes me disoriented upon awakening. I may only sleep for an hour-and-a-half after taking it, but I'll think that I slept all night. About three weeks ago, I took one and fell asleep around nine in the evening. I woke up, saw that the clock said 11:30, and I thought that it was 11:30 in the morning and that I missed all of my classes. I rushed around getting ready- brushed my teeth, got dressed, everything- and didn't know it was midnight until I walked down the stairs from my dorm. Other than that, it's simply amazing...
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Closed Thread