It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

rhodasoda HB User
anxiety for days

Hi, I have generalized anxiety and panic disorder. I was on celexa for over a year and have recently been off the medication for 2 months. My husband left 4 days ago on a holiday levaing me at home by myself. I have been having intense anxiety attacks and a general feeling of fear for the past 4 days. Does anyone else find that sometimes it is hard to "get it together". Or do you find that once an attack passes you don't have any for awhile. I have been havings 3 to 4 times a day for 4 days. I am wondering if it is ever going to stop.

Anyone else have a relaly long period of really intense anxiety? If so, what did you do to get over it.

Old 10-01-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: anxiety for days

It will end, they always end. I have had long periods of panic, in which I had panic attacks multiple times per day with feelings of fear between the panic attacks. When your husband returns, it will likely get better. Being alone makes many people's anxiety worse. I've usually gotten over bad bouts with a combination of therapy, medication, and waiting it out. Boards like these help, too. Connecting with other people is so helpful. Noone wants to feel alone. Just keep reminding yourself that you will get better, this will end. If you continue to feel unwell, see or call your doc about restarting your medication and possibly giving you a benzodiazepine like Xanax or Valium to help you until the Celexa kicks in. Take care and keep posting!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 05:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User

My anxiety came on and I was having maybe one panic attack a week for a month and then all of a sudden it was crazy, happening everyday, several times a day. I'm pretty sure yours was triggered by your hubby being out of town. CircusSquirrel is right, call your doctor and ask to start the med again and request something else like xanax, etc. to get you through. It may also just be situational because your hubby is gone but either way, it's no way to live so don't be afraid to ask for help. Keep posting and reading here it helps immensly.

Take Care and keep us posted, we care!

Tori

Old 10-02-2006, 07:33 AM   #4
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

I have had days that have gone by where I have had several attacks a day. Some people get these attacks and they pass within 1/2 hour...mine seem to stay for hours! I agree with the previous posts....ask your doctor for some type of med. I have been givin Ativan for when I have an attack that won't go away. They seem to help me out. I am not one for medication...I hate taken pills, but it's either I take them and feel better or just stay in pain for days. Keep talking on here..that does help ALOT!!! Jackie

Old 10-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

Sometimes I get a panic attack that lasts the whole day. Today is one of those days. I woke up with a panic attack, it subsided for a few hours, and I've had one since noon... All that gets me through is Klonopin, prayer, and my soundtrack from A Beautiful Mind. I just lie in my bed, facing the wall, and am paralyzed with panic. I am unable to do my homework. It's bad...
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Closed Thread