It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
(female)

where? HB User
Deja vu and terror?

does anyone here get a feeling of deja vu/anxiety? I feel like I have dreamed something I am doing and I get suddenly and utterly terrified!!!! like no fear I have ever felt, because I have dreamt exactly what i am doing or at least...i think I have, I feel breathless and dizzy until I talk myself down this can happen 5 or 6 times in a day and the disappear for months I am on Ativan and lexapro already, what is happening to me? I am so scared??!! I feel like I am going crazy...

Old 10-01-2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
Re: Deja vu and terror?

hi i doubt your going crazy and yes it is very possible you actually dreamed it, no joke! most people never remember a dream when they awaken but if something in the waking life occurs that is similar to the dream and it triggers our thoughts back to the dream, it happens and not unusual. it is also possible its just anxiety/panic attacks.try to relax during these episodes,i walk my anxiety off, well try too. its not easy i know but breathe, distract your self and let it pass but dont add the second fears to the anxiety!! example: am i going crazy? will i always be like this? im i dyeing? asking your self these questions only adds fear and builds more tension which causes more panic.keep us posted and welcome to the boards!! hyper79

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 01:08 AM   #3

hummingbirdkiss HB User

Check out temporal lobe seizures - sounds like one to me.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:55 AM   #4
(female)

sharond HB User

Deja vu (or however it is spelt) is my reaction also to an anxiety attack. Do not fear it is not life threatening. I have posted here a few times about my reactions. I have suffered anxiety attacks since the age of 4 and am now 48 and am still here. Yes, I experience the feeling/s that I have been where I am or have done what I am doing or have heard (be it a radio, song etc) before and suddenly I fall into an anxiety attack. Silly stuff like looking at something familiar. My theory is that it has related to something that was maybe traumatic or something disturbing from our past that we have hidden in the back logs of our memories but something just triggers our memory at the time to rekindle it? I fall short of breath, shake all over and feel like I am going to sink through the floor and have to lie down and sometimes I have to run to the toilet to throw up. It's awful at the time and sometimes I end up crying. It leaves me exhausted for the rest of the day but I go on. Yes, sometimes these attacks as I have described may not happen for months at a time then I may have a couple within weeks. Most days I feel some sort of jittery feeling like an attack is going to happen but I keep going and it goes away. Be assured you will be okay. Just think of others that are much worse off than us. It is always good to be able to talk and I have so far in my short time on this forum found it comforting to know that there are others out there with our experiences. Take care.

Closed Thread