It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User
My Crazy Thought Pattern

Can we remember a time BA(before anxiety) when a headache was just a headache and a stomachache was something we'd take pepto bismol for and go on with our day? What happened? Now it seems every little thing happening in our bodies is cause for alarm and sheer panic. Like the other day I got a sharp pain in my stomach area and then a bad stomachache that lasted until yesterday and still kind of hurts a little. Well of course I had racing thoughts of all sorts of things. And then I get a little headache and suddenly it's something horribly wrong with me. I hate this crap more than I can explain. I'll keep trudging on and going to my doctor complaining about this or that just to be sure but it really is the most difficult thing for me to deal with. I also feel like I've been labeled by my doctor as the "anxiety-hypocondriac girl" so she doesn't always take me seriously and that's tough. I mean, she gets paid so why not put forth some effort to make her patient feel more at ease right? I wish I could find a doctor I really like. Anyone else feel this way?

Tori

Old 10-02-2006, 06:17 AM   #2
(female)

smurfy33 HB User
Re: My Crazy Thought Pattern

Tori - I know what you mean. Like today, I have an aching pain in my right shoulder. I have bursitis in my shoulders but it has not bothered me for a while. So today it hurts and rather than just taking some ibuprofen for it and forgetting about it, I'm all worried that it is my heart (even though it is my right shoulder, not left). I obsess about my heart. It doesn't matter if I have a pain in my toe, I will somehow think it is related to my heart. I just hate being like this!

I had problems with my doctor, too. She was just so quick to put me on something and didn't really talk me through things and reassure me. Now I see the physician's assistant in that office and I love her. She takes so much time talking to me and trying to figure out what she can do for me to feel better. If she wasn't there, I would find a new office.

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 06:35 AM   #3
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User
Re: My Crazy Thought Pattern

Tori I know how you are feeling. I am the same way and it's a horrible feeling. Whenever I have any kind of a pain or ache the first thing that comes to my mind is that I have something seriously wrong with me and I need to go to the hospital. Like right now I have been dealing with an axiety attack since last night...and I have the chest pains...so now I'm thinking I'm having a heart attack. It is sad that no matter what it is from a headache to the flu your mind goes to something more serious. The only advise that I can give you is the advise my theropist has given me. He told me whenever I start to get this feeling or these thoughts to tell myself that "I'm having an axiety attack and these symptoms are part of this attack, and I am not having a heart attack." I still haven't gotten the hang of it yet myself. After 6 years of anxiety and telling yourself that there is something wrong with you it takes ALOT to retrain yourself to think otherwise. I don't know if any of this has helped you, but I wanted you to know that your not alone.
Jackie

Closed Thread