It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
(female)

deenie HB User
Any ladies have worse anxiety during PMS?

I never really had PMS symptoms but since I'm 44 and have some symptoms of perimenopause, I know they usually get worse. The reason I'm asking is because I've ben on Buspar (5 mg/ 2x day) for a month now. I saw my Dr. after 2 wks and she kept me on the same dosage since my anxiety seemed to be getting SLIGHTLY better. I'll see her again in 2 wks. I felt a little better and my sleep was a bit better. Then, a few days after I saw her I started feeling anxious again with no real reason. Also, I've been awakening a lot at night and am exhausted again like before. Just wondering if it's because my period is due this week. Like I said, I never noticed these PMS symptoms before but I hear peri can make it show up. Now I'm wondering if this dosage is doing anything after all...

When I think back on it, my sleep problems are always there but worse some weeks than others for no apparent reason. Maybe it's the hormones.

Thanks.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:27 AM   #2
(female)

kvp_2 HB User
Re: Any ladies have worse anxiety during PMS?

Yes that is me to a T. I have been reading these boards for about a month now but have never posted. I came in here today because I woke up this morning with a feeling that my anxiety was worse, and was wondering if anybody else felt the same way. I am 35 and have always had PMS but this past year it has gotten much worse. I can look back and see that all my panick attacks have been the week before I start then the anxiety slowly gets better during my cycle. I have been on Zoloft for about 6 weeks and it seems to be working great except it doesnt seem a effective a week before my cycle. Hope this helps.
Ky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 12:15 PM   #3
(female)

smurfy33 HB User

My anxiety is much worse for the 2 weeks before I get my period then once I get it, the anxiety gradually gets better. I've been tracking this for the last 8 months or so and it is always true for me.

Old 10-02-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

Yes this happens to me also. I have just came to realize this within the last month. I have been doing really good dealing with my anxiety no meds and everything. Last month I had such an attack that I ended up in the E.R. blood pressure sky high (never happend be4) all the normal heart pounding symptoms of an attack. Thank God it was an anixety attack and nothing serious. That whole week I was having an attack after attack. My dr put me on lexipro which made my blood pressure go sky high. Now at this point I thought I had a high blood pressure problem. After weeks of checking my pressure these were just side effects. I was given Ativan for when I have an attack. During this week I had my period. Now here we are a month later...almost to the date and I started having these attacks again. Not the blood pressure thing but very strong anxiety attacks...and again I have my period. So I have noticed for me that the week be4 I get it and while I have it seems to be when I have my highest anxiety. Hope this helps.
Jackie

Old 10-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #5
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

OMG, Yes, Yes, Yes, and I am 39! The last thing I need, since I already have it pretty bad anyway........waiting and hopting the Prozac kicks
in...........

Old 10-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

lylone HB User

Add me to the list of anxiety PMS suffers. I have more anxiety a couple days before the three days its here and a few days afterward. Its especially bad the Sunday night before I go back to work for the week after 'ol aunt flo comes by. I keep trying to use non-pill ways to control it but have to break down and take a xanax. Thank god, my job has been flexible and I can work from home on occasion.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #7
(female)

KArast HB User

Add me too. I'm 45 and have noticed my anxiety goes sky high and my typical insomnia really worsens about a 5 days prior to my period and a day or 2 into it. It must be hormones. My doctor put me on lexapro which seemed to lessen the irritability during my last cycle, but the anxiety and sleep issues were still there on a slightly lesser level.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

mirandarose HB User
Wink Re: Any ladies have worse anxiety during PMS?

Thank God....Iam not alone.I am a little younger than all of you.Iam 27 and I have the anxiety real bad and I mean bad a couple days before my cycle and during.This past cycle was really bad and the anxiety is still hanging on.Iam 7 days past my cycle and I am still panic stricken.I also wake up off and on through out the night. I wake up panic stricken, ecspecially in the morning. I see my OBGYN tommorow to see if he can give me something.I am a major PMS'er!!! Thank God Iam not alone!God Bless you all!

Old 10-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #9
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

Let me know what your gyno says. I am also 27 and I don't know what to make of all it. I am on bc and I hear that makes anxiety worse. I don't go to see my gyno for a couple weeks. I would love to hear what yours has to say about it.
Jackie

Closed Thread