It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User
Red face My Doctor is .............

In just two weeks upping my dosage on Prozac for anxiety, from 20 mgs. to 40 mgs. Does this sound right? I have really bad anxiety attacks while driving on the freeway, or high places, or heck, even bridges.

Help, pls. with your feedback. I love you all..

Donna-Sue

Old 10-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User
Re: My Doctor is .............

Please, and what has been your luck with this anti-depressant? I Have high anxiety, not depression?????????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

donna-sue
how did you feel on the 20 mg? You may be on to high of a dosage ..........some of these ssri snri meds can casue more anxiety in the begining or it may not be the med for you..........I would try dropping it back down if you just started feeling like this after upping it.

Keep me posted!

Old 10-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Thank you, the 20 mgs, as help a tiny bit, but still feel allot of anxity. Maybe I am not giving it enough time? I hate this, I am getting ready to start too, that makes my anxiety worse.................

Old 10-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

Donna Sue- How long have you been on the medication for? They say it takes a good 6 weeks for you to start seeing some change. Maybe you need to be on a different type of drug. I still have not found one that works for me on an everyday basis. I am on Ativan for when I have an attack, that seems to help me. Talk to your doctor, and try not to worry about it. If you don't feel like they are working for you stop taking them and ask for something else. Keep us posted on your progress.
Jackie

Old 10-02-2006, 01:21 PM   #6
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Hi Jackie,

The doctor just prescribed Kloplin (SP) to help, but only been on the Prozac for 2 weeks..........maybe I should give it some more time.??

Old 10-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #7
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

As long as you are not getting any of the warnings or side effects from it than yes I would suggest you give it some time. I had to stop taking Lexapro within the first 3 days of taking it. It raised my blood pressure (side effect). Hang in there. You are going to be ok.
Jackie

Old 10-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #8
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Thanks sweetheart,

I needed to hear that.................patience, I don't have allot at this point....

Old 10-02-2006, 01:36 PM   #9
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

I understand. That was the main reason why I came on these boards in the first place. It is crazy how many people on here have the same symptoms. I always feel that when I tell my doctor what or how I am feeling that no one else feels the way I do. If you read thru some to the anxiety posts on here you will see that you are not alone in anyway at all!!!! Please keep me posted and if you need to talk drop me a line.
Jackie

Last edited by Jackkey97; 10-02-2006 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules, do not provide off board contact information of any kind. Ms_Mod

Old 10-02-2006, 02:10 PM   #10
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Thank you so much....You are so sweet. I will keep you posted..........tomorrow, I start on 40mgs. of prozac...........ewwwwwwww.

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-02-2006 at 02:59 PM.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #11
(female)

girlwitstyle HB User

Hi Donna-Sue,

we spoke last week? How are you doing!?

Be careful going from 20 to 40mg...that is quite an increase. I've been having a really tough time on the prozac and had to decrease from 20mg to 10mg! And my anxiety is still through the roof on 10mg!
Maybe you should try taking a 10mg and a 20mg, a 30mg dose before heading up to 40mg?
That is what my doctor suggested when I get to that stage.

In the meantime, are you feeling more anxious and jittery on the prozac? I am! Weird, because I took prozac before but it didn't give me any of these symptoms but then I never had anxiety then!

Let me know how you do.
Good luck.
Do you also have a lack of appetite? I barely can eat anything and I have a bad tummy non-stop.

i'm taking xanax to control the anxiety from the prozac.... oh lord!

Old 10-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I have tried several meds and it usually takes 6 to 8 weeks for me to start feeling the full effect. I also take klonopin until it really kicks in - just a small bite at bedtime. This helps me thru the next day with any anxiety.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #13
(female)

amberil HB User

Hi Donna Sue! I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time still. I guess the Lexapro didn't work for you? I hope the Prozac will start to work and you will feel better. Good luck! ((HUGS))
Amber

Old 10-03-2006, 07:30 AM   #14
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Hi Amber.

I don't understand why the doctor took me off Lexapro so quick, I was in between doctors, my old doctor passed away, so this one gave me lexapro.

How are you on Lexapro? I have wondered about you so much....... Hope you are doing better.

Well, I can say the prozac hurts my stomach, guess I should eat something with it...........?????? But I want to give this med a benefit of the doubt??! I think doctors mess with your mind, and just ............guess. Or it is just Anxiety????!!!!!!!!!! NOW Always..................

I am scard to up this so quickly? Why he is doing this is because he thinks maybe it is not working yet? Heck, only two weeks. I am lost. And get this, he wants me to get of the Klonplin...............OMG, I have taken it for almost two years, and YES, I believe it has help a big amount. What should I say or do? I don't want off of this, my other doctor would not have done this.................I am upset.........What is your all's imput..............?

Old 10-03-2006, 08:21 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

HOw much Klonopin do you take? I take .05 3 x daily......last year my dr tried to switch me to Xanax XR.......WHOLY COW!! I lasted thru 10 days of totaly misery before I gave in ......took a klonopin and within 1/2 hour I felt fine....will not go that route again.........why would he take you off it when you are having so much anxiety?? have you thought about another opinion???

Closed Thread