It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 12:48 PM   #1

Maxx09 HB User
Just started Paxil

I have been having anxiety attacks off and on for about a year now. Nothing really triggers them -it's usually when I'm trying to go to sleep, then for a few days after I am a ball of nerves. I have been taking 10 mg of Paxil a day since Saturday. Sat and Sun I kinda felt druggy, today I felt really good(more like myself), but now I'm shaky and kinda nervy feeling???? Is this just going to happen til my body gets adjusted?? It kinda makes me not want to take them. Another thing, anybody who's taken this before-did it affect your vision? Like blurry? How long did it last? I have 3 kids to take care of and only have anxiety periodically. I don't want side effects all the time.Another thing is I'm having a hard time with focus. Like I'll throw something away and then wonder 5 minutes later if I did or not. Driving me carzy. Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User
Re: Just started Paxil

Sorry to hear how you are feeling. I have been on and off Paxil several times.........maybe try cutting your dosage to 5 mg for a week to adjust. I am just in the process of going back on it.....of course you never know if it will work after it quit the last time ............but when it works it is awesome! You are experiencing some normal side effects to starting it......I get the blurred vision and it goes away.......I am whoozy and have a head ache and am spacey...........the last 2 nights I have awaken at 3;45 in a panic. I am sure as before this will go away as I am on it closer to the 2 week time. Keep me posted on your progess and check about cutting back to 5 mg for a week or 2.............I have been able to control my anxiety and panic on just 5 mg before.

Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User
Re: Just started Paxil

I've taken paxil and for me it was a godsend. The only side effect I had was a little druggy feeling maybe a little dizziness, lasted for about a week. You should try to stick it out because it really works well once your body adjusts to it. And yes, you could try cutting down to half a pill for a few days maybe a week and then go back up to a whole pill that's what my doctor told me to do and maybe that's why the side effects weren't that bad.

Hope it works for you!

Tori

Closed Thread