It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2006, 02:04 PM   #1
(female)

upsetstomach HB User
Question Anxiety worsen in the fall

Good afternoon,

I was wondering if anyone noticed a differences in their anxiety levels during the fall season and if soo, how do they cope. Last year was the beggining of my anxiety and it wasn't until after three months of suffering I started taking medication and it eventually got better. I got off the meds during the summer months and I am starting to notice the anxiety is creeping up slowly on me. Any suggestions or does anyone deal with the same annual ritual of anxiety during the fall?

Old 10-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
(female)

cecropia HB User
Re: Anxiety worsen in the fall

Funny you should post this today. This has been the most dreary dark day we've had so far this fall here in Michigan. It never seemed to get light out today and even though I've been on my anxiety medicine for 3 months, I felt as if I'd regressed way back to the beginning of treatment. I've felt creepy all day and just tried to stay busy doing something every moment until I felt as if I would collapse. I hate living in Michigan, but I can't move. My husband has lived here his whole life, actually in the house we live in at the moment, since his childhood. We've been married 32 years and I've lived in this house and neither of us have the courage to move south and leave behind our children and grandchildren. Talk about being stuck in a rut. LOL He is retiring in the spring and we still won't be able to make the move. I see you are from Canada, so it must be worse for you, being further up north.

Yes to your question, Fall is the worst time for me unless I've been on my medication for at least a year, then I get through it much better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

windymoon HB User

Wow I was surprise to read your post! Thought it was just me! Fall used to be my favortive time of year. BUT last year >late Sept and the whole month of Oct. I had major anxiety. Here it is again! Not sure what to make of that!
By Dec 2005 & Jan 2006, it was gone. So I know it's has nothing to do with SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder.
Sorry I can't be any help! I'm hitting my ativan almost everyday.

Old 10-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

Are you serious?! I can't believe someone else actually experiences this! September and October are always sooo bad for me! I think it's the start of school, but I think it's more than that. I believe it's also the weather and gloominess. Rain (not thunderstorms, which I like) makes me feel nervous because almost all Sunday afternoons (pure hell for me) are gloomy and rainy, so it's like every day is a Sunday. I get a little better by November, and then I'm good in December because of Christmas. I'm 19 and a sophomore in college, and ever since my sophomore year of high school, I've had breakdowns every fall, with the exception of my junior year. It's getting bad again, I can tell. I've been having panic attacks all day long. I get paralyzed and am unable to do my homework. I just lie in bed, motionless, or I go on the computer to waste time and try to forget about it all...
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 10-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #5
(male)

duked0g HB User

I had been taking low dose Paxil x 6 years. Back in March, my PCP asked me if I was doing well. I said I was and we decided to stop it. I actually did very well until about 2 weeks ago, when that very bad feeling began. I hoped it would get better but it hasn't. So, we're going to try Zoloft. So the 2 take-home pieces are, yes it might partially be the fall of the year and there really isn't any solid reason to stop taking the SSRI.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

woodfaery HB User

Yes, Fall is extra hard for me as well. This use to be my most favorite time of year. I do take Zoloft but still experience some anxiety and some depression this time of year. Its unfortunate because I truly use to love fall, and I still do in many ways but the anxiety is a real ordeal for me to work through. Well, I guess we can all look at it this way...we are not alone in this stuff. Hugs to you all, and keep on going

Old 10-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #7
(female)

upsetstomach HB User
Smile Re: Anxiety worsen in the fall

I am glad to see I am not alone...I too was taken medication but got off early spring. I was only on it to get through the winter however by end of November I had started to feel better already...I am glad to hear that this happens to others..you tend to feel like the odd one out when this happens.

Old 10-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #8
(male)

hamiltonkrewe HB User

Me too! I think my increased anxiety is from seeing signs of plants and leaves dying in preparation of my most dreaded season winter. I hate everything about winter, snowstorms, those 10 below zero days and dark by 5:00pm are just a few. I love the spring. Years ago when I had my Labrador Barnabas I loved walking trails with him in the woods. The spring was by far the best. New plants and flowers it seemed would sprout daily. I just feel better and happier in the spring. Dave

Old 10-19-2006, 06:49 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Thank you for this post. It has been a rainy, cool fall here and I think that I am starting early with this. I usually have this all winter. I go south to visit my children in February and it all ends.

In the past, I don't get bad until December but this year I feel bad now. I ache and want to eat all the time. I have trouble getting out of bed in the morning.

I was glad to see that it was not only me this early. Not really glad for us... you know what I mean.

Old 10-31-2006, 12:40 PM   #10
(female)

bondai HB User
Lightbulb Re: Anxiety worsen in the fall

Hi ladies and Gentlemen , its called seasonal affective disorder (SAD) I get this real bad i usually watch myself and start on st john`s wort herb and boost myself with vitamin B12 ( Liquid drops that I get in a health food store)Before the fall. I live in Ireland so we have lots of cloud and rain and the winter can be very gloomy.
But this year I thought I was doing great, forgot to get the supplements in and then boom in early October I thought I was going crazy . I started with the really bad anxiety , disturbing thoughts etc.... Needless to say I am back on the St. John`s wort and b12 and doing meditation and ralaxation techniques. You can also get SAD lamps try the net or e bay, You put them on like a lamp in the house and they energise you like the summer sun etc.. really exxcellent...

Closed Thread