It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
(male)

SoccerDad HB User
Very discouraged lately ...

I woke up last night about 3:45 a.m. with rapid heartbeat and PVC's about every other heartbeat (I could feel them in my pulse). So I sat up in bed, tried to relax a little, ended up taking a .25 mg Xanax, and went back to bed. After an hour or so I was able to fall back asleep. It's so discouraging that I will feel almost normal for a few weeks or even a month or so, and then the anxiety comes back to stay for a few weeks (or longer). When it comes back, it's always to varying degrees, and it's never exactly the same. It's so discouraging sometimes that I can't see any kind of an improving trend in this whole thing. I guess I'm just hoping that someday it will go away or at least become less intrusive. It's scary sometimes (particularly the PVC's), but I've been at this long enough to know that it's not going to do anything bad to me (not by itself, anyway), but it's still discouraging. Anyone else feeling like this lately?

Old 10-03-2006, 07:42 AM   #2
(female)

smurfy33 HB User
Re: Very discouraged lately ...

SoccerDad - I know how you feel. I always feel like I take 5 steps forward and then anxiety hits and a I take 4 steps back. It's a constant cycle. I've been noticing a lot of PVCs lately, too. My heart is not necessarily racing at the time, I just get a little jumpy feeling in my throat/stomach which I came to find out was a PVC when I had an EKG once. I had a lot of PVCs about 2 1/2 years ago when I was under a lot of stress but once the stressful event passed (it was a court hearing), the PVCs stopped. Then they would come every now and then. But lately I've had them daily, especially when I'm stressed. The funny thing is, my anxiety is not even really bad right now. You are right, it is discouraging. Especially when you feel like you're going to live the rest of your life this way. Just hang in there. Better days are to come.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

It's discouraging, but keep your chin up and keep on trucking. PVCs are not going to hurt you (except perhaps mentally!). Take care, I had two in a row yesterday morning that sort of threw me for a while.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Leela_C HB User

Hi SoccerDad. I'm sorry to hear that you are discouraged. I am going through the same type of thing right now too. Just when you think you are feeling better the vicious anxiety beast strikes again! I only get to go a few days at most with minimal anxiety before the full blown stuff hits me again. I just try to enjoy my good days as much as I can. I hope you feel better soon!

Old 10-03-2006, 08:59 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

miche31 HB Usermiche31 HB User

I get the rapid heartbeat with multiple pvc's, very upsetting and frightening. I am still trying to tell myself that they aren't dangerous. I get them more with stress too, even in the middle of the night. The pvc's I always have, but when I'm not stressed, it's only a few a day. I really don't like the rapid heartbeat with the many pvc's, but I think that is when my panic attacks happen. Does your Xanax take the pvc's away, or at least help? Best wishes, Michelle

Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 PM   #6
(male)

hamiltonkrewe HB User

I had a similar thing happen a couple nights ago my self. I woke up at 5:30am in a panic and my heart was racing. I took 1mg of Xanax and it did almost nothing. I took one more then finally started to relax. I fell back asleep but slept till 3:00pm. I slept fine last night.

About two weeks ago I had a panic attack out of nowhere at home. It lasted about 3 hours and was terrible. Before this I had an attack about 4 months ago at home. With an anxiety history close to twenty years these three times are the only times I ever had an attack in my safe pace of my home These are different then my other panic attacks. So tragic that I even tell my wife goodbye and to raise our daughter with her knowing I loved her.

I have a doctorís appointment next week. I hope to find out what's going on and how I can have a panic attack during sleep, the time I thought was the most relaxing time of a personís day.

I hope you get your answers too
Dave

Closed Thread