It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User
Post The Good, The.........bad, and.....

And the ugly. What has been your experience on Prozac for Anxiety? Pls, advise..........Huggs.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
(female)

Reyne HB User
Re: The Good, The.........bad, and.....

It made me more angry??? Not sure my hubby thought I was just mad all the time. I was on it a few months for PMS and it did not help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

Like the other SSRI's, Prozac did little for my anxiety. I was taking it for my OCD, but it barely did anything. Zoloft and Lexapro didn't either. I don't even count its usage for my panic attacks. SSRI's never even began to touch that problem... I'm not currently on an SSRI because they hardly helped me and because they made me so incredibly tired that nothing got accomplished. Nothing gets accomplished when I'm having an OCD breakdown anyway, so what's the difference if I'm on it or not? I don't function either time.
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 10-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #4
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Wow, this doctor just got out of school and said this was mostly prescribed for Anxiety, go freakin figure........

Old 10-03-2006, 07:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB UserGatsbyLuvr1920 HB User

No, he's right. SSRI's like Prozac are commonly used for GAD, OCD, social anxiety, panic disorder, and PTSD, as well as depression. It's just that I didn't happen to be one of those cases that was helped. I believe it's because I don't have panic disorder, just severe panic attacks, and because I'm a pure obsessional, so that type of OCD doesn't respond well to treatment of any kind. Don't be discouraged. Many people with anxiety have been helped with the SSRI's. You may be one of them in the near future, and if Prozac doesn't work for you, another SSRI might. It sometimes takes some time to tamper with the medications, in order to find the right fit. I just gave up after three different types because I knew that there really wasn't much else to be done. Good luck, and God bless!
-GatsbyLuvr1920-

Old 10-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #6
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Thank you, I am going to give it a few more weeks to see if helps with the anxiety, and go from there..........I would rather be beaten with a broom stick by far, then have anxiety. I am not depressed, just have terrible panic attacks......................

Old 10-04-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Steve1 HB User

My experience with prozac

Mild problems like heartburn (NEVER drink Oj for breakfast when taking Prozac)
Upset stomache and BAD sexual side effects!

I had the shakes all the time and had a lot of BAd panic attacks while on it! Once i found myself out in the yard in the middle of the night naked!!!
And it did tend to make me angry!

Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 AM   #8
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

OMG,

Now this is wrong, I would of died. Not having problems like that....thankfully. Just will have to wait and see. Tomorrow is week two.

Steve.

Are you taking anything now?

Old 10-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #9
(female)

girlwitstyle HB User

Did you sleepwalk on it??? I am too!
I usually sleep with a slip on, nothing else....it gets hot my my bedroom. The other morning, I woke up fully clothed, shoes and everything!!! I must have gotten up and dressed myself!
I used to sleepwalk as a child. Once I sleptwalked down 18 flights of stairs in a hotel in Portugal and I was only like 7 or something. My parents woke up and found me missing and thought I'd fallen off the balcony. They eventually found me in the hotel kitchen!

So, I'm scared that this Prozac is going to make me start doing things like this again! I live in New York City, not so great to walk around asleep at night!

It must be the prozac, as you had a similar experience.
I've got to get off of this drug!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:35 PM   #10
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Wow,

That is freakin scary. Never had a problem like that..........OMG, that is aweful.

Closed Thread