It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 12:33 PM   #1
(female)

paranoid? HB User
Question Symptom Question For All

I have been reading all the posts here and I have to say I feel SOOOO much better knowing that I am not alone and crazy...one thing I have not seen though is a symptom that I have that drives me absolutely nuts!!! It is hard to explain...it is up the back of my neck and the back of my head. The back of my head actually feels numb and it starts out feeling heavy and then it is almost like a dizzy paralized felling I get with electric shock feeling...only for a split second, but it is long enough to make me scared!! It does not give any warning..it just happens...alot when I am walking or standing still. I have been to many doctors and the ENT ruled out tumors and said that I have severe TMJ and the doctors and ER say I have GAD therefore I finally bit the bullet and am taking Buspar 3x's a day and I take half a xanax at night only for a couple of weeks the xanax.

Can someone relate to my head issues?? Please help.

Thanks
Gretchen

Last edited by paranoid?; 10-03-2006 at 12:52 PM.

Old 10-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
(female)

paranoid? HB User
Re: Symptom question for all....

I just want to note that I am looking for some reassurement here. Thank you ladies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #3
(female)

shelee HB User
Unhappy Re: Symptom question for all....

so pleased im not the only one with weird head and neck syptoms.I have tingling and numbness most of the time ,but suddenly from nowhere i get a paralyzing feeling in the back of my head,which make me feel a little confused and it makes me cry ,it takes about half an hour for me to feel normal,but leaves me exhausted.Doctor says its anxiety and due to tight muscles the E R doctors told me the same .I am currently on diazepam,diclofenac and citalopram im not satisfied with diagnosis so am going to neurologist next week .

Old 10-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
(female)

paranoid? HB User

Thank you so much for responding...I get the same thing, that it is tight muscles in my neck. I go to a chiropractor and I also see a massage therapist on a regular basis but I am like you, I just do not believe that it is only tight muscles...it is too weird of a thing to be just that..to me anyway. I would be interested to see how your appointment goes with the neurologist next week. Please keep me posted. I have not had the courage to move forward on that yet. See I have always had anxiety to a degree but now it is unbearable!! I never thought I would be one that would be on medicine...and I am now. That alone makes me sad. I started with this stuff in May of this year and it got REALLY bad I was to the point where I could not even drive. Mind you I have a very well paing full time job and (2) little boys so this has really put a wrench in my life! After seeing several doctors I was diagnosed with severe TMJ, I have always ground my teeth at night and I bit through the last bite splint that I had, now I cannot get one to work for me period!! I started getting these weird sensations like the one I told you about above and then some where it felt like when you are on a roller coaster and you go down the forst big hill...this is the only way I can describe it! Those have subsided, but the tight scalp and the paralized feeling still come and go and it is driving me absolutely nuts...I feel like crying too...but usually I am in a situation where I can't. Things are really bad here too in Michigan as far as the economy goes....and the stress level just keeps getting bigger! I do not know how much more I can take. I am so glad that I have someone to talk to that actually understands what I am saying because no one else does!!

Gretchen

Old 10-03-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
(female)

timetoreclaim HB User

It's muscles, I get it too. The electric shock feeling was described to me by my last pt as a nerve. I get numbness on occasion, sometimes a deep almost itching feeling, bad tension on the back of my head.

Please be careful btw at the chiro's with your neck. I ended up in severe and I mean severe pain due to the last chiro and it took me months to recoup.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #6
(female)

shelee HB User
Post Re: Symptom question for all....

Hi ,wanted to let you know you are not alone,i feel like i am going crazy i wonder will i ever feel like me again .The feelings in my head are so weird and it is so hard to explain how it feels to other people.I try to explain it like electric shocks and like when you shift gears and the feeling of force pulling you back ,i also have a numb feeling .sometimes i feel nauseas.Anyway wanted to tell you my appointment with the neurologist got bumped forward to tommorrow so i will let you know how it goes. I hope your doing ok ,keep me posted and remember your not alone ,we can get through this together

Tara

Old 10-06-2006, 06:28 PM   #7
(female)

paranoid? HB User

Tara,
Thanks again for responding...I have actually been OK for 2 days now! Amazing but I have been laid off for 2 weeks from work and this past week I actually got to stay home with my kids and see them off to school and such. It has been wonderful! I actually feel like a real person again, I forgot what it felt like. I guess alot of my problems stem from my job! I work some of the most self ritious idiots! They always seem to dangle my job in front of me! I HATE IT!! I have to go back to work on Monday and I feel like I am going to get all goofed up again!! I am scared!

I hope your appointment went well...please let me know! I just know in my heart you are OK!!

Gretchen

Old 10-07-2006, 11:51 AM   #8
(female)

shelee HB User

Hi Gretchen.,so pleased to here your feeling a little better,try to stay positive. What do these people do to screw you up so bad.Could you look for a new job or maybe talk to someone at work about how your feeling.From what you say it sounds like your job is really stressing you out.Your so lucky to have your boys to make you smile I went to the neurologist ,and guess what!Yes he said it was tension in my neck and possibly a nerve impingement,so i still havent got a satisfactory diagnosis,i guess i should be pleased its nothing serious ,but you know how these symptoms make you crazy.Iwould like to talk with you more my adress is below,if not good luck with everything Tara

My address: [email]{REMOVED}[/email]

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-07-2006 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules, do not post off board contact information. Ms_Mod

Old 10-08-2006, 06:12 PM   #9
(female)

paranoid? HB User

Tara,

I am so glad that all went well for you!! That is reassuring news. I have been taking a tennis ball and laying flat on my back on the floor and moving the tennis ball to the pressure points in my neck and shoulders and laying there with the tennis ball under each area for a bit every night. It seems to be helping too!! I see my massage thereapist on Thursday night this week too! That is always good. I think let's do this...since everyone seems to think it is all tense muscles well maybe if we think that way things will lighten up for us a bit!! The mind is supposed to be the most powerful thing right?? It sounds good in theory though right??

The people that I work with are HORRIBLE!! I work for the automotive industry in the administration building. Around the perimeter of the building are all top level executives. These people are SO controlling and manipulative. When I say this I mean for example the perverse remarks that I have to listen to on a daily basis and sit there and take it beacause they dangle your job in front of your face, they pop up in your cube always and question "what are you doing?" I feel like saying "the same thing you need to be doing WORKING!!!" but I have a family that I need to support so I am stuck. They say things like " You know, the only reason you are still here is because of me!" I can't stand it anymore! I tell myself all the time all it is going to take is to have one of them try and touch me and out the door I go!! I have far too much respect for myself than that!!! The problem is that the industry is so big that it does not matter what happens....you will never get anywhere in court if something were to happen!! There is so much more but I should not say much more on here I suppose. I am having a REALLY hard time right now because I have to go back there tomorrow!!! I did however find a listing for a job that suits me perfect in the paper today that I sent my resume for so keep your fingers crossed!!

So what troubles you that you are so tense? I see you are from England, that is great! I have a very good friend that is from England as well...love the accent!!

Thanks for being my friend!!

Gretchen

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-08-2006 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Please note edits to your post. There is no need to discuss the posting rules also don't ask others for personal information. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread