It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
(male)

Marconis HB User
A few questions...

Does anyone, mainly pointing out to hypochondriacs, get anxiety attacks (Id say panic attacks but for me it isnt that severe) when they watch TV show like House and ER? I tend to get really nervous when I watch these shows and suddenly I start getting symptoms of whatver illness the person has in the show...

Also, is it possible that my anxiety is worse in the Winter because that is when I had my first burst of anxiety in the Winter two years ago? Has anyone avoided this cyclic bursts of anxiety?

Old 10-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: A few questions...

Some people have anxiety attacks when anything reminds them of previous attacks. Years ago, I'd get anxious every Thursday night because I'd had two bad attacks on Thursday nights. My mother had one of her first attacks on Christmas Eve a LOOOOOONG time ago, and she said it took here several years not to be anxious on that day.

I get symptoms sometimes just reading about them. Some medical shows freak me out, but usually the "real" ones like the ones on Discovery Health channel. I hate turning on the tv and seeing someone being defibrillated. Ugh, even writing that word makes me anxious! You're not alone, I've talked with many people with the same fears, here on this board, on other boards, and "in real life".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 04:21 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User

I used to enjoy watching ER but can't do it anymore. It's strange but I get too anxious watching all the people going into the ER with health problems. I also get really anxious when I go to the cardio because I see a lot of older people who look really sick.........just scares me.
About the anxiety in winter, could very well be that you associate it with you first bout of anxiety.

Tori

Old 10-04-2006, 04:40 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Steve1 HB User

Yes
I can remember one time i was watching the news at a friends house, They were talking about flu shots and showed a man get a needle stuck in his arm, I passed out! (mind you, i am a big boy and was never afraid of much, well i will never live this one down) lol

As for Anxiety getting worse in the winter? ?I am not a Dr, but can say a lot of things get worse in the winter... So why not!

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-04-2006 at 07:32 AM.

Closed Thread