It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 06:46 AM   #1
(female)

Libs HB User
Fatigue, is this due to anxiety?

I am just wondering if sudden fatigue can be due to being anxious. Ive suddenly been very tired this week and lethargic. A couple of days ago i came over feeling very shaky and nauseus. I put it down to justhaving a slightly late night before with drinking and the fact I hadnt eaten for a while. I had some dinner and went to bed and woke up around midnight feeling quite hot and cold and sick again. That didnt last long but I didnt really sleep much after. The next day I felt wrotten and put it don to maybe a bug or a virus and took the day off to rest and be in bed.

The past couple of days I have dragged myself into work but have felt so fatigued and I just want to go home and sleep. I have been anxious recently due to the fact Im moving house soon and had a couple of rows with my partner over it. Ive also been fairly worried about my mum who has heart problems. I am unaware if perhpasthis stress has affected me more than I think.

It all seems odd as if I had a bug or virus I would have thought it would have come out with the flu or some sort of stomach bug by now. My only symptoms now is just real fatigue? I am curious to know if anyone else has a similar thing as part of thier anxiety. Ive also slept well the past couple of nights with around 9hrs sleep, so it seems odd that I still dont feel right. I am worried so if anyone can help that would be great

Old 10-04-2006, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Fatigue, is this due to anxiety?

I suffer from severe fatigue caused by anxiety. It is horrible. Make sure you take vitamins, east small meals thru out the day, drink lots of water, get excercise and get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep. I know it's tough. It is a struggle every day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 12:59 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

Anxiety can zap all of your energy so this is certainly possible that this is what is happening to you.

Old 10-05-2006, 01:16 AM   #4
(female)

Libs HB User

Thanks for replying. Sometimes its just nice to hear your not going crazy. I feel worst when I am at work and better when I am at Home. This to me almost makes it seem like its in my head or at least I am more relaxed at home. I get myself worked up thinking what if its anaemia etc as I have a fear of needles. Probably come the weekend and I am with friends Ill probably relax more and feel more energetic. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

You definitely are not going crazy, but you are human I used to have bad anxiety and pretty much have it under control now thanks to learning how to get out of my head. The way I was thinking was making me worn out and miserable but my cbt group taught me how to think more objectively rather than reactively and life is much smoother for me now. Take care.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #6
(female)

anxiety_1234 HB User

shorebird. I'm 18 and needing to learn how to get out of my head. My anxiety is making me want to sleep all day. I can barely keep my eyes open when I'm at work. {REMOVED}

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-20-2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Please read and follow the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Old 11-05-2006, 09:49 AM   #7
(female)

Nades HB User

Hi there just read your post. YOu are not alone I will feel fine then the next minute all I want to do is sleep forever and my whole body feels weak and I also battle to keep my eyes open. Should we sleep when this happens or should we stay awake. I tend to be really clumsy as well as if all the energy has left my body.It goes away after a few days.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

CINDERELLA HB User

Ive had anxiety for 3 years, I used to have panic attacks until I took meds. Now I have been off meds for a year and am coping on my own. Yes I feel tired a lot, anxiety is tiring and depletes your vitamins and minerals. I am currently low in iron (Ive lost 1/3 of my hair) and b12, I am taking a multi vitamin, iron and magnesium (which is ment to calm anxiety) I have a chronic pain issue so my anxiety is always hanging around because of this. You have to change your way of thinking, if you find you are worrying you have to change that thought, its hard though. What does worry do for you? It doesnt help it just makes you sick, it is pointless. Learn not to do it. Best wishes

Old 11-08-2006, 06:55 AM   #9
(female)

Nades HB User

Thanx I have been taking magnesium sachets once a day and they make me really relax have not thought of b12. I also take garlic and 1000mg of vitamin c twice a day. Maybe I should take b12 it cannot do you nay harm as far as I know. I am so sensitive to anything. I am going to see the doctor just now because my meds do not seem to be working on the dose I am on. I am on Zanor SR 0.5mg, I take a quarter of a tablet at night maybe i need to increase dose for a short while. Have a good evening.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #10
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINDERELLA
You have to change your way of thinking, if you find you are worrying you have to change that thought, its hard though. What does worry do for you? It doesnt help it just makes you sick, it is pointless. Learn not to do it. Best wishes
This is exactly what I have learned. It is hard to change the way you think at first but it does get easier and the tea form exercise I learned in cbt is what got me over the hump in changing my thoughts and I do the exercise almost everyday to keep from falling back into my old worrying ways.

Closed Thread