It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

freakin HB User
Just another anxiety symptom, or something else?

Hi guys,
Just wondering if any of you anxiety sufferers ever get head rushes when you stand up or shortly after you stand up? I get them off an on and have been getting them for the past couple of days. Additionally, I had a fairly persistent headache last week (though I did have my period). I'm pretty sure the head rushes and headaches get worse when I think about them a lot (which I am doing right now).

Can anyone relate to this? Now I'm worried that this might be something serious... I would really hate to go to my doctor (again) with ambiguous symtoms though...

Thanks in advance,
Alexis

Old 10-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User
Re: Just another anxiety symptom, or something else?

Are you on an antidepressant because this is one of the side effects that come with some of them (the head rushes). Never had the headache problem so I can't help you there. The more you focus on any anxiety symptom the worse the get.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

I have had the headaches also when I have my period. It seems like my anxiety is worse during that time. I really don't have any advise but just wanted to let you know your not the only one who felt this.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #4
(male)

JB68711 HB User

I have the same problems... the head rush thing, even when I bend over to pick something up... when I come back up I get this head rush. Over the past few weeks I've been getting head aches a lot, almost every day. I started developing anixiety a few months ago... Over the past few weeks it's been progressively getting worse, and that's what I think started the headaches... I used to rarely get them (I mean I used to be able to count how many times I'd have them in a year on one hand). I started noticing the head rush thing a few months ago... So I think it's very possible these are symptoms of anxiety.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

shorebird HB User

JB, Are you on AD's because they can cause the head rushes. You may want to join a CBT group if you are still suffering from anxiety. Mine helped me a lot.

Closed Thread