It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User
Smile What do your anxiety~panic attacks feel like?

Hi everyone
I suffer from panic disorder as well as anxiety, as many of you already know. I am starting a new thread on my symptoms and how I feel most of my days.. I would love for others to share on this thread and post their symptoms and what they feel as well.
Thanks in advance for sharing!!

The symptoms for me during a panic attack are very overwhelming feelings of Rapid heart beat, pounding heart or palpitations along with Sweating or the chills. I begin to Shaking visibly or inside, I get a Choking sensations or lump in throat, ALWAYS a Smothering or shortness of breath sensations, that causes me Chest pain or discomfort. I become very Dizziness or unsteadiness, light-headed like I am going to faint, the urge to run, feeling as if I want to crawl out of my own body along with Derealisation (feeling unreal or dreamy) Depersonalisation (feeling outside yourself or like you don't exist) Mostly after the attack this really kicks in.. I always Fear I am going crazy and sometimes I get numbness or tingling sensations, on diffrent parts of my body. I begin to feel fatigued that is very overwhelming as well. I Isloate myself in fear of plain and simple "making a fool out of myself" I feel very heavy headed as if I need to lay down this feeling then turns into a foggy head feeling that may last days along with daily headaches.. I become depressed and very down on my spirits because all these feelings keep me from doing and enjoying as well as limiting my daily activities. I fear everything. Mostly I feel like I am this "grown women" who feels trapped inside a scared childs body always in fear of the next attack!! I have them everyday, somedays I am in this mode 24/7.. It's a horriable disorder and very life altering.. That's my Anxiety and Panic Disorder in a nut shell..
I look forward to others who can "relate" to these feelings, It helps to know your not alone! Thanks in advance for sharing~boxerlover

Last edited by boxerlover227; 10-04-2006 at 03:19 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: boxerlover227
jojokdz (12-08-2011), penes (10-01-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #2

froggirl HB User
Re: What do your anxiety~panic attacks feel like?

Hi, boxerlover. I have been posting with you in the panic disorder thread.

My attacks are as follows:
sick to my stomach, overwhelming urge to run from where I am (usually work or car) and go home where it is "safe". rapid heartbeat, thoughts that I will make a fool out of myself by doing or saying something "wrong". Thoughts that I did something "wrong" to make me lose my job, husband, etc. uncontrollable crying. upset stomach. loss of sight, flashing in my eyes.

does anyone else have these symptoms?

Old 10-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

nuttygirl HB User

Mine vary but the usual is a sickening scared to death feeling followed by my heart pounding, chest pain, pain in my upper back, feeling disconnected and in a fog, kinda like being outside of myself, sweating, knot in stomach, skipping heartbeats, dizziness, my hands will get ice cold and yet I have radiating heat going trough my body, racing thoughts of death and wanting to run to the ER or call 911. I shutter just typing this.......ugh

Old 10-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #4
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

When I get a bad attack I feel that my heart is beating way to fast, that I am going to pass out. So much pressure on my chest, and that I can't seem to catch my breathe.

Closed Thread