It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 05:46 AM   #1
(female)

Diane720 HB User
Unhappy Feeling Down Today

WENT TO THERAPY YESTERDAY, AND FOR SOME REASON I ALWAYS FEEL DEPRESSED FOR SEVERAL DAYS AFTER. I GUESS I GET FRUSTRATED WITH HER, MAKING ME FEEL LIKE I'M NOT TRYING TO DEAL WITH THIS ANXIETY. I AM ALSO AGORAPHOBIC, WHICH IS HARD FOR ME TO GO PLACES. I DO FORCE MYSELF TO GO TO THE STORE....AND EVEN THOUGH I RUN IN AND OUT....AT LEAST I'M GOING. SHE TELLS ME I HAVE TO JUST FACE MY FEARS....THAT EVERYONE HAS THEM.....WELL HMMM.....A BIG HELP SHE IS.

I KNOW EVERYONE HAS THEM.....I EVEN REMEMBER HAVING "NORMAL" FEARS....BUT FACING THEM JUST ISN'T THE SAME. ONCE THEY ARE OVER....THEY ARE OVER. THIS ANXIETY JUST GOES FOREVER....EVEN WHEN THERE ISN'T ANYTHING TO FEAR.
MAYBE I SHOULD BE HER THERAPIST.....LMAO.

SOMETIMES I THINK THESE THERAPISTS JUST DEAL WITH EVERYONE THE SAME.....THINKING THERE IS ONE SOLUTION. I'VE BEEN IN THERAPY FOR 3YRS NOW, AND STILL HAVE ANXIETY DISORDER, SO APPARENTLY SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE. (I'VE ALREADY CHANGED THERAPISTS 4 TIMES).

ANYWAY JUST FEELING FRUSTRATED TODAY.

THANKS FOR READING

DIANE

Old 10-05-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Feeling Down Today

So sorry you are having a bad day. I too get down a bit after seeing my doctor. It took me a long time to find one that I like. i went through 5 or 6. I would keep looking!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 06:18 AM   #3
(female)

Diane720 HB User

Thank you....I might just have to try several more, before I find one that I understands me.

Diane

Old 10-05-2006, 07:43 AM   #4
(male)

bynobody HB User

When she says face your fears she means you have to change the way you think about things and places that make you anxious. You should really try to identify and ignore negative thought patterns and fearful thinking. If you can do this, and just ignore all those negative thoughts or turn them into positive ones, I betcha your anxiety would go way down.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:32 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User

I've been through so many therapists I can't even count. I've had them fall asleep on me (and I'm a pretty good conversationalist, if I do say so myself! I've had psychs tell me about their problems, I had one psych who had OCD himself and would walk around the room arranging objects while talking to me. My latest psychiatrist is ok except that he likes to talk about current events for whatever reason, I don't know if he's sizing me up somehow regarding my memory, mental status, or what, but a few days ago we spent 45 minutes talking about current events (war, the congressional scandals, etc.). Hang in there. There is help out there, and we do have to help ourselves the most, but I can tell you this: while "therapy" (and I've tried many different types of therapy) CAN be helpful, for severely anxious and agoraphobic people, medication is usually needed at least for a while, or during rough patches. Take care, hang in there!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 AM   #6
(female)

Diane720 HB User

First let me apologize for using all CAPS in my first post. I really wasn't yelling at anyone....lol. I just wasn't paying attention.

Thanks for everyone's posts and advice. I'm going shopping now, but will wait till later to try the ativan when I'm safely at home. My husband is going to go with me....and I am so grateful for that. He hates shopping....and since he works 2nd shift, I try not to ask him to go with me before he has to go to work. But he keeps trying to be there for me.

I'll let you know later how it goes with first ativan.

Diane

Wow my head is on crooked today. My reply about the ativan was actually for my other post "ativan side affects". duh. maybe things will get better as the day progresses.

Last edited by Diane720; 10-05-2006 at 09:08 AM.

Closed Thread