It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User
Thumbs down OK, You all kne by now.............

I have been taking prozac for two weeks today. I am also taking Klonplin 1mg. twice a day. I have severe anxiety while driving on the freeway, highway, and terribly over bridges, almost can't do it. I was never this way before...........I hate anxiety. Pls. advise. I am going to ask my doctor that does not like Benzo to replace the Klonplin with Xaxan, low dose.

My anxiety is sky high. My old doctor would have done this in a minute, he know my background, runs in the family...............

Pls. give me your advise. I am calling this morning.................? Maybe.

Huggs, hope everyone is having a good day..........

Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: OK, You all kne by now.............

I would ask your doctor what you feel comfortable taking. Be honest with him and if he doesn't prescribe it ask him for a couple to see if this makes you feel better.

I am on klonopin - does xanax work the same?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 09:05 AM   #3
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

Hey Donna...sorry to hear that your still having these problems. Maybe you need to be in a different class of drugs. I was on effexor for the longest time, than I started reacting to it. They tried to put me on simalr drugs but they all did the same thing to me. So now I am in what they call a different class of drugs and it seems to be working for me. I am on .5mg of Ativan when needed and will be on .5mg of Xanax XR starting Sat. Keep the faith you will get thru this.

Jackie

Old 10-05-2006, 09:07 AM   #4
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

That is an excellent idea. I called the Dr. this morning, the nurse is going to talk to him. I hope he will at least conseider it...........Xaxan , that is. Klonplin is great......I think that it is starting to wear off though. I have been on it almost 2 years........But it has helped so much.......

Old 10-05-2006, 09:12 AM   #5
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

Good Luck!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #6
(female)

girlwitstyle HB User

Donna Sue, I'm pretty sure it's the prozac!
The prozac anxiety hit me around the 2 week mark. I am in 3rd week and still no better, haven't been able to leave the house in a week. My anxiety at all time high.

i am considering stopping the prozac at this point. it is not helping me at all and i'm not depressed, just have this god awful anxiety!

good luck. please call your doc. maybe the increase was too rapid for you.
the prozac does make anxiety worse for the first month or so, I heard. i just don't know if I can actually take it any more. I have a huge deadline and my work is suffering because i cannot even go in to meetings, etc. Just leaving the house terrifies me.

(i've also lost so much weight, not eaten a proper meal in a week or two)

Old 10-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #7
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

This is why I love you gals, guys. You are true friends...........not everyone understands this crap, I am not a druggie, don't even care for the prozac, just want something for anxiety.

Jackie, you are an inspiration to me, you all are. I am waiting for the doctor to call. You other ladies hang in there........We have eachother, and for the love of god, I am thankful..............Huggs.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:09 PM   #8
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

I am so glad that I came on these boards. It does mean alot to talk to people who are dealing with the same issues. Donna your the one I need to be thanking!!! You have helped me through so many issues this month alone!!! I'm glad we are all here for one and other!!!!!!
Jackie

Old 10-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #9
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

We are all lucky to have another You guys are like family to me. Some even better........... But really, we should be here for one another.

Old 10-06-2006, 11:02 AM   #10
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

I agree 150%. I am here for you all...and I hope one day we all can get over this anxiety!!!!!

Closed Thread