It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #1
(female)

Libs HB User
Can bad anxiety make you feel really ill?

Ive posted already this week, as i am currently realy struggling with negative thoughts & anxiety! I started to feel un well at the beginning of the week. I took a day off work Mon and the rest of the week I have been into work. Although everyday has been a struggle generally as I have been feeling very fatigued. I dont think I have a virus as surely i would have been sick or had a cold or temp something like that.

All week the anxiety has been getting worse and worse and I have just not been feeling any better. I am wondering if I can actually be doing this to myself? Today I feel the worse I have done all week so drained and tired and sick, just like I have been hit by a truck.

I know i need to get checked out by the doc which worries me even more as I know a blood test is on the cardsfor anaemia etc. I know I will need this done but it adds to the anxiety, I have an appt to see the doc Mon. I am very worried as I feel so ill and dont know why. I feel so run down and just wondered if anyone knows if this could be anxiety doing this to me, or if anyone has ever been in the same position?

I just want to feel well and above all am getting very frustrated feeling ill any help would be so welcome thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2006, 06:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User
Re: Can bad anxiety make you feel really ill?

Libs

Yes anxiety can cause one to feel really sick.I have felt physicaly sick from anxiety many many times.This is one of the bigesst reasons those of us with anxiety worry our rears off because we actualy feel sick making it hard to believe anxiety is the cause.I had a doctor tell me once "anxiety can cause tons of physical symptoms ,and these symptoms can mimic many health issues,so I do believe you are physically feeling every thing you complain of but it is just not an organic cause rather anxiety related." I have felt faitgued so bad I could'nt help but take naps daily and many other symptoms as well.I do think your doing the right thing though by having your doctor check you out because of course you could be anemic or something.Also STRESS can cause one to feel very fatigued and run down.Good luck to you and let us know please!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread