It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 08:33 AM   #1
(female)

daisy25 HB User
Does anybody else get the shorness of breath?

I have been feeling like I can't catch my breath even though my pulse is normal. I feel like it's hard to breathe and it's easier to just not take a breath. Does anybody know if this is just anxiety? I can't make it stop? Please help me.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CircusSquirrel HB User
Re: Does anybody else get the shorness of breath?

I get that from time to time. It feels like I can't take a full breath, or I can't get to "the top of my lungs" (that sounds ***arre), anyhow, that's the best way I can describe it. It could be due to hyperventilation (not all hyperventilation is dramatic, much of it is low level and just makes you feel bad without making you go all numb and dizzy) or it could be due to muscle tension around your neck/chest/upper body. Hunching over, being stressed, all those things make it harder for anyone to take a deep breath. I know how you feel and it sucks, but at least rest assured that you've been checked out and things look good. I would suggest purchasing or at least going to the library or bookstore and browsing through some anxiety books and looking how many have passages about "shortness of breath". It's a panic/anxiety symptom that it very common. Take care and I'm glad to read that your test came back fine!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #3
(female)

bek262 HB User
Smile Re: Does anybody else get the shorness of breath?

I get this - and it is always worse in the morning.

Take deep breaths and try and breath from your stomach - make your stomach raise instead of your chest! might help:

Closed Thread