It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 02:04 PM   #1

froggirl HB User
Question ativan

Hi, all. I started taking Ativan (3mgs per day) instead of my usual Klonopin (3mgs per day) on Thursday. The first day went really stealer! But it seems like it's not working so well today...

Anyone have these kind of experiences with Ativan? Or anybody have any experience at all? I am just really curious how or if Ativan has worked for anybody else.

Thanks all, for any input!

Old 10-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
Re: ativan

Well, the equivalency between the two doses seems a bit off, in my opinion.

First of all, according to most equivalency charts I've seen, Klonopin is twice as strong as Xanax, and Xanax is twice as strong as Ativan; therefore, Ativan is roughly 4x as weak as Klonopin in terms of mg to mg equivalency charts.

The equivalency would work out to something like this based on your Klonopin dose:

3mg Klonopin=6mg Xanax
6mg Xanax=12mg Ativan
3mg Klonopin=12mg Ativan

Or if you wanted to make it smaller so it doesn't look so large:

1mg Xanax=.5mg Klonopin
1mg Xanax=2mg Ativan
2mg Ativan=.5mg Klonopin

You might be experiencing some withdrawals,and it might just not be "stong" enough based on your previous Klonopin dose.

Last edited by bulletinboard25; 10-07-2006 at 04:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
(male)

rmj HB User
Smile Re: ativan

Hi froggirl! I started ativan on the 28th of September. I had bad side effects from an antidepressant and had to go to the emergency room for help. I've been on ativan since then. I've been feeling pretty good & even great at times since starting it. I don't know how long I want to be on it or how long my Doctor will give it to me because it sounds like it can be very addictive and I got a history of addiction. So things are up in the air with me right now. I'm scared to go back to trying any antidepressant. I've tried several and they all have made me many times worse. What I hope is when I come off ativan, I'll feel alright so I don't have to be on anything. I know that's probably hopeful thinking but it's okay to hope. I felt a lot better before I started antidepressants so I hope I can return to that state. I probably shouldn't have started antidepressants in the first place. If I just stay clean & sober long enough , I'll start feeling better. Wish you the best froggirl! RJ

Old 10-07-2006, 06:07 PM   #4

froggirl HB User
Re: ativan

Well, thanks ya'll! Like I said, the first day was awesome, I think today was pretty good too, considering the things I had to put up with The only real difference I seam to notice is that i am not as tired as I would be when I was on klonopin. That is a nice change! I think part of the problem is me, I always want the "perfect" cure

Anyway, thanks for all the input!! Greatly appreciated!

-kelly

Last edited by ms_mod; 10-07-2006 at 07:23 PM. Reason: If you know that a word is questionable enough that you have to edit part of it out, then choose a different word...Always use proper language. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread