It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

friendsfan HB User
Too much

Firstly, I have anxiety, and I did not get the response I was looking for on the stress board.

I just started a new job, i'm in a theatre company thats putting on a performance, I am in university still and I have a boyfriend. (PLUS! I have just started a new b/c pill so my hormones are all over the place)

I'm feeling stressed out, I think, by all these things. I dont feel as close with my boyfriend right now and I hate it beyond all belief. And on top of this my ex keeps popping into my head and its driving me insane.

Let me explain..
I hate feeling distant from my boyfriend, I feel like I can't feel things for him right now because im just so stressed out from everything else. I do love him, but because of this I start wondering "do I really?" (I know I do though, ughhh so confusing) but I think this is why my ex keeps popping into my head because then my brain leads to.. well do i? did i love my ex? is my new bf a rebound? and it just gets me more stressed out than I was in the first place.

I really have no clue what to do. I do have anxiety. I have just started a new pill (tricyclen to cyclen) and i just dont know what to do.

I've started to increase my effexor does, should I do this? or just deal with the stress?

Above all, I love my boyfriend to death, and I want to close the distance I'm feeling.

Has anyone else felt anything like this?

Old 10-08-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ocdengineer HB User
Re: Too much

The Birth Control pill turns my wife in Mrs. Hyde if you get my drift, so that could cause some serious changes in your mood. Also, do you suffer from anxiety or depression? If it is anxiety then you need something that helps with that:

Herbs like Kava and Valerian help. Peppermint tea is awwesome for stomach anxiety.

Drugs like Benzos: Xanax, Klonopin, etc. are for anxiety and that alone and they do work to some degree although everyone is different.

If depression is the problem then SSRI's may help. Anyway, my point is that you should get a second opinion on your meds and see another doctor as well.

Seriously, I have two kids now becuase my wife can't take birth control. LOL. I am just kidding they were both blessings, but seriously, she looses her mind. LOL.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

ocdengineer HB User

Oh yea, I think you are reading too much into the boyfriend thing. If you enjoy his company then stick with it. If you don't enjoy his company then don't. I think relationships are that simple especially when you aren't married and have kids.

Old 10-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

dollymadison HB User

What response were you looking for on the Stress Board, but did not receive?

Closed Thread