It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #1

LonelyTraveler HB User
Red face Twitching in corner of mouth...HELP PLEASE!!

Hi everyone

I was just sitting at the computer minding my own business when all of a sudden, the left corner of my mouth began twitching a little bit. As I sat there, it began to twitch every few seconds and this went on for several minutes.

I also suffer from Hypochondria and so I began to think all kinds of things like "oh no...I'm having a stroke!!" or "I'll bet this is some deadly neurological disorder!!".

Then, I could feel the anxiety building up and my throat began to get tight (sort of like I had a lump in my throat or it tightened up).

After this episode, I am now sitting here feeling "on edge" and kind of ill, worn out or whatever.

Does any of this sound familar?. I'm two days sober after a year of heavy drinking. Could it be anxiety?. Alcohol withdrawal?. Both?.

- LT

Last edited by LonelyTraveler; 10-08-2006 at 02:10 PM.

Old 10-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #2
(male)

darrenschlack HB User
Re: Twitching in corner of mouth...HELP PLEASE!!

Try not to worry about it. I've had this happen to me many times. I sometimes get a twitch in my lips, eyes, or even fingers, which is followed by general anxiety, fast heart rate, and a general ill feeling. Try taking deep breaths and reminding yourself that you're ok. Try to realize that you're doing good since you stopped drinking. It might be that your drinking was the only thing you had to hold onto during the past year, and now that it's gone, you nay be feeling a lack of control. You may be just uncomfortable with the lack of control. Whatever it is, just know that there are many of us out there just like you. You are going to be just fine. Try to feel the anxiety and let it pass. Don't try to overly control it or tense up. By allowing yourself to feel it and watch it pass, your fear will diminsh and it will lose control over you. Keep me posted. Take care.
Darren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread