It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

daisy25 HB User
Feels like I am burning up from the inside out!

Hi everyone, I have been traveling all day on a road trip and I am on the 2nd day of my period and I have a cyst on my right ovary the size of an apple. If you read my other posts you will see I have been under alot of stress the past couple of months and I have panic attacks. I have been taking .5 mgs of ativan for about 2 months now only once a day but I didn't take it today so I wonder if I could have withdrawals from that small of a dose. When I got done with my trip today I noticed that for the past couple of hours my neck and face and ears feel like I am on fire and it won't go away. I also haven't been sleeping very well at all and I feel really achy and sick. I asked my mom to feel my face and she said that I don't have a fever. Does this sound like anxiety or something more serious? I have been having a little sore throat and the rest of my body feels really cold when I touch it but I think that is because my hands are so hot. Can someone help me please, i can't figure out if this is health related from this cyst or strept throat or is this from all of my anxiety. I am so tired of all of the sharp stabbing pains in my chest and my arms and legs, and I spend my days worrying about my health. Thanks!

Old 10-09-2006, 06:27 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

neshee HB User
Re: Feels like I am burning up from the inside out!

I too traveled this weekend, and had the same thing. Sat night I had the burning up feeling in my face, neck, chest and ears. However, my hands were freezing, so my face felt really hot. My husband said I felt "low grade" but I honestly think that my blood pressure was up. I am letting it go to anxiety...but calling my mental health doc tomorrow. I am sick of this crap. All of it. I am guessing what we both had (Sunday night I had it some again and then had a sore throat too) was "just" anxiety. Pretty sad that it can make you feel that bad....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 06:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I think when your sick or not feeling well anxiety increases. I actually posted something last week and noone responded so I'm not sure how other people handle this. But.... on a daily basis I do get the heat through my shoulders, up my kneck and through my head and ears. But when I am not feeling well or PMSing it gets worse. To the point I have to take klonopin. It's weird. Maybe it's my medication Celexa - I don't know. I guess a question for the doc.

Are you feeling better this morning

Old 10-09-2006, 07:10 AM   #4
(female)

Jackkey97 HB User

I have also had this burning feeling while having an anxiety attack. It feels like your insides are on fire. Have you been to the doctor to make sure you are not sick? If you have been cleared on everything it would safe to say that it is all from anxiety. I have been dealing with axiety for about 5 years and this past month I started getting this feeling. When you are having this feeling the best advise I can give you is get a wet towel and put it behind your neck and on your forehead. Key is just to keep calm as much as possible. I know it's hard but the more your worry the higher your anxiety gets. Good luck!!
Jackie

Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #5
(female)

daisy25 HB User

Hi everyone thanks for writing me back. I am still feeling hot but I went to the doctor today and he said that all of this is anxiety and acid reflux. I also feel like can't breathe, this has been going on for 2 weeks now. I feel out of breath and lightheaded, and when I take a deep breath in I am having sharp pain right under my left breast. The doctor says this is the acid reflux and anxiety but I can't even make it thru the grocery store without feeling short of breath. My family has asthma but I tried my sister's albuterol inhaler and it didn't work so I don't think it's that. He took my pulse ox and it was 98. But even when I am concentrating on something else I still feel like I can't catch my breath. I am not sleeping because of it and I feel so fluish and achy also. I am on my period so that is not helping and this cyst is botheing me too. If I wasn't getting enough oxygen would I turn blue? Are there any signs I should look for? I am under alot of anxiety but I thought coming home to see my family would make me feel better but I feel really sick. What should I do?

Closed Thread