It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Jenny R. HB User
weird tingling, bug crawling sensations without being anxious?

Anyone ever get these weird tickly, pin-***** sensations in the absence of an anxiety attack, or not feeling anxious at all? I can't stand this anymore, it will tickle on my face, then my nose, then my back, or my legs. Its everywhere, and its really starting to annoy me. What causes these sensations? Sometimes my face will burn for a few seconds, then go away. I had a brain MRI in April, and a cervical MRI in Sept, everything normal there, I just can't tolerate these feelings anymore, I hope everyday, that when I wake up the next morning they will be gone, so far its just been wishful thinking.LOL!!!!!

Old 10-21-2006, 04:33 AM   #2
(male)

WorryTooMuch HB User
Re: weird tingling, bug crawling sensations without being anxious?

Hi, when I was 18, I started feeling bug crawling feeling in my head. Here it goes...a rush of doctor visits. I had an MRI done and that worry just went away. It's possible that if you're now thinking or looking for the next sensation, that it could be causing it. I'm going through something similar right now. I started getting this stinging/aching feeling in the groin area and now I just can't stop thinking about the next sting/ache. I truly believe that's my problem.

Just try and keep your mind elsewhere (I know, much easier said). I struggle myself with my own advice.

Hang in there. Looks like based on your test results, you should be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
(female)

PeskyRabbit HB User

Yes, that happened to me and the more I thought about it, the worse it got. For a few weeks, I had this constant feeling of little pin *****ly feelings and crawly sensations on my nose and face. It was all the time, even when I wasn't having an anxiety attack or anything like that. It drove me crazy and FREAKED me out! I was so worried about all the diseases that could be causing that feeling. Then one day, I read on an anxiety website that overbreathing can cause those sensations. I tried really hard to focus on diaphram breathing rather than shallow chest breathing, which anxiety sufferers tend to do. It's hard at first, but the crawling and *****ly sensations went away after a few days. I'm thinking one of two things....either focusing on something else made the worry go away, so the sensation went away or the overbreathing was causing the problems. Either way, it's gone now and I've moved on to the next worry!

I hope that helps. It's miserable to be feeling that sensation all the time. It's distracting.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:26 AM   #4
(female)

langy HB User

hi i to get the bug crawling in my head and pins and needles in my lips and under my nose.i have a habit of tightening my tummy muscles which then makes me breathe wrong which ive been told causes the pins and needles. neck tension and facial tension can cause the crawling feelings.your not alone langy x

Old 10-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Jenny R. HB User

Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies, at least I'm not alone on this. Maybe I have some kind of somatization disorder.LOL Now tonight its the jumpy muscles, if it ain't one thing, its another. Thanks

Closed Thread