It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
(male)

makingsenseout HB User
Anybody Ever Get The Feeling Something Bad Is Going To Happen?

Sometimes I get a litte nervous or anxious but it soon passes..Today I woke with a feeling of something bad was going to happen..Its been with me all day and I can't shake it.. I have health anxiety especially about my heart but have been checked out recently by several doctors that seem to feel its more depression than anything.I posted last night on a questions board about a murmur I have.I had a med student answer me with something I wasn't expecting....after that I have had the creeps...I have worried that there is something wrong with my heart just wating to happen..I also posted to a well known medical board last evening as well and a doctor commented that it was a normal thing that I was worried about and there shouldn't be any concern overr it.. but still it didn't really give me the relief that it should have. I even took and extra antianxiety med and its helping but not too much..Do you ever have one of those days where you just have the creeps and worry all day and not exactly sure what you expect to happen? Also went to the grocery which I usually handle fairly well and I was out of breath all over the store.I lay around alot now..is that because of the laying around or was I anxious or is there something new about perhaps my heart that is an additional symptom..I really don't have much problems breathing but lately been noticing it more..especially when I try to talk alot.. and breathe.. Anybody have any imput it would be appreciated...Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: Anybody Ever Get The Feeling Something Bad Is Going To Happen?

I deal with pretty much the same worry you do. I worry everyday that my heart is bad and that they doctors are wrong and something bad is gonna happen. I have had countless test and all shows my heart is fine but in my mind they are all wrong. Sounds like your just dealing with alot of anxiety and the problem breathing is probably a result. I have days like that. What exactly have you found out about your heart through the testing? I have MVP that i have been dealing with for years but found out 5 years ago that was what my problems were coming from. I did good for the last few years dealing with the palps and stuff, then one day in March i had a panic attack over pains in my left arm and ever since then its been down hill worry. I suffer from jaw pain, chest pain, arm pain, nausea and some dizziness but i am telling myself that since this last test i had on friday came back with great results that it is all in my head and its the anxiety. I have actually had a good day today, no pains to speak of. That is what causes my anxiety is lil aches and pains that i associate with being heart problems. This board is a great help in dealing with the anxiety issues. Hope you get to feeling better

Old 11-08-2006, 04:54 AM   #3
(female)

cecropia HB User

Anxiety can cause your chest to hurt all the time and the more you think about it it seems to make it worse. Fourteen years ago I had the chest pains and all and thought my heart was bad or that I had angina or something. All my tests were normal. After that I kept doing all the things I wanted once I knew my heart was okay like biking, lifting weights, using an elliptical machine, gardening, whatever. I figured it was doing me no good to sit around and get out of shape, that would have been worse for my heart and I'm still here. If you get an all clear on your heart you need to try really hard to get back to what you normally do during the day. Anxiety can make you a prisoner in your body if you let it. Medication can help if you are not on anything yet for anxiety and depression. Walking is a really good exercise if you are worried about your heart and it should strengthen your breathing also. I don't think walking has ever caused a person to have a heart attack unless they were going to have one anyway no matter what. Most doctors recommend walking as the first defense against a heart problem.

Good luck, hope you get to feeling better soon.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:11 AM   #4
(female)

meirocco HB User

Here is my thought on the heart issue. Last year i got my heart tested and it was fine. For three weeks now i have had every bad heart sensation imaginable, but it goes away at night, or when i take an Ativan. So, i know it is anxiety related, otherwize i would be dead by now.

Closed Thread