It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #1
(male)

rizzledizzle HB User
Lymph Nodes---stress, Anxiety, Depression

Is it possible that depression/anxiety can cause lymph nodes to enlarge a bit due to the fight or flight reaction of your body?? I can feel my groin nodes, but my doc says not to worry about them becuz they arent THAT big, please respond and give me some kind of information that anyone has either looked up, researched, or personal experience...... THANKS !!

Old 11-10-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

momofsix HB User
Re: Lymph Nodes---stress, Anxiety, Depression

lymph nodes can enlarge for almost any reason it seems - mosquito bite, pimple, scratch. I've been able to feel nodes in my neck and groin area often, and there's been nothing wrong. I know how scary it can be, though, when you first notice it before you know how common they are. I can even feel them in my children. "Scary nodes" are apparently very large, hard and immoveable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2006, 07:42 PM   #3
(female)

Mag311 HB User

Nymph nodes would have nothing to do with your depression...it goes with your immune system. Now...if you have high anxiety you could be killing your immune system a bit..but if your lymph nodes are swollen it is does not mean anythign is terribly wrong..could just mean your body is trying to fight off a cold or something right now. It isn't normal to have large ones. If they get any larger or become painful or you notice them under your arm pits or in your groin area swollen then go to the doctor again and make sure you get them checked out. Maybe go see a different doctor in that same practice. They might have a different take on things.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
(female)

rachel1982 HB User

I have had a lymph node in my neck that I've been able to feel for the past year. It has caused me great panic over this past year, I truly convinced myself I had Hodgkins Disease. I've been to a million doctors and they have all said that it is nothing. The ENT I saw told me that we are able to feel glands all over our body, it doesn't mean they are swollen. Another doctor told me that often times when a gland swells up it may never completely go back down. It is hard to believe with all the scary stuff out there on the internet!! If you still feel uncertain, get a second opinion. I've had quite a few blood workups done (CBC) and was told if there way anything to be concerned about it would show up in the test.

Closed Thread