It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
(male)

nabyou HB User
Excess adrenaline effect on the body

Excess adrenaline

I was watching TV a doctor was mentioning that serge in adrenaline due to anger could cause a damage to the heart. My question doesn’t anxiety and panic attack cause a serge in adrenaline, And since I have a heart health anxiety now I am worried. What do you thing you think anger and anxiety is the same do you think that anxity causes “permanent” damage to the body.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
Re: Excess adrenaline effect on the body

I also have heart health anxiety. I believe it could have a negative effect due to it certainly does affect other parts of my body that i never thought would be part of anxiety. It worrys me alot. I am trying my best to get my health anxiety under control. That is the only thing that causes me anxiety is my health issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2006, 07:07 AM   #3
(female)

bratforlife HB User

Do you listen to the whole thing the doctor was talking about.. Do you ever hear someone say- Wow what an andrenaline rush....Athletics need adrenaline to proform, our fight or flight response releases adrenaline...I wonder if he was talking about self induced adrenaline something like steroids or something... Some people in life live for adrenaline rushes, so I can't see how it can be completely bad for someone......

Old 11-15-2006, 07:12 AM   #4
(male)

nabyou HB User

Thanks for the reply

bratforlife, I kind agree with you, however adrenaline secretion with anxity might be different, I don't know ? That is why I was wondering if you get under extreme anxiety you might harm your body. Or is the bio-chamistry of anger and anxiety is different.. thanks again

Old 11-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User

Hi Everyone
Okay I am going to chime in on this one and share with you what I have learned through therapy about this here it goes..
"I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK" or "COULD I HAVE A HEART ATTACK" is a question I have asked myself and my therapist many times.. I was told when the heart begins to beat quickly and people experience "palpitations", they sometimes feel a heart attack is occurring. In the first place, the heart can beat quickly and continuously for a long period of time without causing any damage. Although heart palpitations seem to occur in the left side of the chest, there are many differences between panic attack and a real heart attack. During a real heart attack, the primary symptom is a crushing sensation inside the chest and a pain that is continuous. During a panic attack, the attention is focused on the quick and rapid beating of the heart itself. ("I can hear my heart beating even in my ears!") People having panic attacks are NOT experiencing heart problems. A real heart attacks produces crushing internal pain that doubles people up and drops them to the floor. They DO NOT hear their heart beating nor do they care. The intense, crushing pain is the only thing they can pay attention to. That being said I will move on to the adrenalin that you spoke of.. I Often wondered can all these adrenaline rushes that I have during a panic attack and during anxious times really cause me physical harm? This is what my therapist told me,
Yes stress can cause some problems in some people BUT it always tends to be people who have had something wrong with their hearts in the first place.
But stress is not necessarily the same as sudden anxiety/or panic..
When you panic we all know but for those of you who don't our bodies release adrenaline which cause the heart to speed up and our bodies to work faster. It's a way of preparing yourself to deal better with danger.
Panic and anxiety itself DOES NOT cause heart attacks there HAS to be something physically wrong for that to happen... I was told to think of it this way maybe you can do the same, When someone is having a heart attack they are usually given an injection DIRECTLY into their heart of Adrenalin to get the heart started again.. That being said, do you think that they would do this if it damaged the heart even more?? No.. Anxiety/panic is just "natural" fear a psychological state of a body that is just too full of adrenaline!! I hope this helped you some.. I know how it is to worry so much about our hearts and bodies, and question if we are harming ourselves with all this stress... I just want to say this Stress is not good, we all know this and if we could all find away to "handle" our stress, anxiety, panic, better then yes we could live happier healthier lives. But does anxiety directly cause heart problems.. From what I was told and you read above, it's highly unlikely!
Boxerlover

Old 11-15-2006, 06:52 PM   #6
(male)

nabyou HB User

thank you for your reassuring words it helped alot. do you guys take medication at the onset of Anxiety attack, I had a prescription for atavan and I am yet to take one.

I am wondering if these drugs help on the onset of anxiety and if there are any side effects.

thanks agian for your post

Closed Thread