It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
(male)

bikesing HB User
tranxene vs xanax

Does anyone have experience with these two meds? Have they worked about the same for you? What about side effects and getting hooked? I used Valium years ago and it was tough to wean myself. I'm afraid of the SSRI's because of sexual side effects. I tried buspar and zoloft in the past and thought they were horrible.

Comments?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 12-22-2006, 10:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ocdengineer HB User
Re: tranxene vs xanax

I have never heard of tranxene, but I take Xanax 2 mg per day alone with no other drugs and it works pretty well. I still have anxious times such as now, (holidays), but in general it has worked better than any other drug I have taken with no side effects. However, there is the risk of dependence, but I would rather be dependent on a drug than deal with the level of anxiety I had on a daily basis. It comes down to a judgement call on what you are willing to endure. I hope this helps. There are many other older threads that discuss Xanax in particular. You should check those out and see how you feel about it. The only side effect I experienced is drowsiness and that is usually at night which is great because I sleep really well now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

hi----i took tranzene many years ago. actually haven't heard anyone mention it in about 10 years. it worked well for me while i was using it. valium makes me vomit and ativan depresses me and makes me cry. I use klonopin now with great results. about the same as the tranzene. xanax does nothing for me. good luck.

Old 12-22-2006, 01:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICC
valium makes me vomit
That's funny that valium makes you throw up. Ativan makes me throw up. I'd never heard of anyone else throwing up after taking a benzo.

Old 12-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #5
(male)

bikesing HB User

Of course,tranxene is clonazepam and xanax is alprazolam. My xanax rx is only 0.5 mg pills taken 2-3 times per day. I never had a vomit reaction to any of these meds.

Tom

Old 12-23-2006, 04:08 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

ok tom i am confused. i take klonopin and the bottle says "clonazapam generic for klonopin: your saying that tranzene is clonazapam. are they the same drug. it makes me wonder because as i said i took tranzene years ago and that and klonopin are the only 2 benzos i hav not had side effects to and they work for me.

timber ---took one valium in my life and 3 hours later vomited for hours. I have no idea why and neither does the dr.

ICC

Old 12-25-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
(male)

bikesing HB User

Oops - I was wrong - tranxene is clorazepate. I took one xanax the other day and it really made me a lot more tired and wiped out than the tranxene. The xanax was o.5 mg and the tranxene was 7.5 mg.

Tom

Closed Thread