It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2007, 06:36 PM   #1
(female)

fatcatdogbog HB User
wellbutrin for anxiety

i have read alot of posts in the depression section about wellbutrin not working for anxiety, but my doctor put me on it for a combo of depression and anxiety and hormone help. all i have heard is really neg. about making people angry and irritible, which is making me really nervous. has anyone had or heard of people being helped on wellbutrin, especially people with anxiety?

Old 01-05-2007, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: wellbutrin for anxiety

I have read and heard that it does work. In the beginning you might feel a bit anxious but that does go away. My sister was on it for years and came off about a year ago. She is fine now. She loved Wellbutrin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
(female)

suzie8112 HB User

I am so glad to have read this post. I was on Wellbutrin once, but I was on a combo with Celexa and then Lexapro (major weight gain from Lexapro). Then I ran out of insurance, but the panic attacks were gone...and the depression went away once I lost the weight. But now the pa's are back bigtime, and I've been wavering for weeks on taking the Wellbutrin again (because of all the negative posts about anxiety). So today my md prescribed Zoloft, but I'm afraid to take that because of weight gain possibilities....even though I was on it a while ago and had no negative effects. I'd rather take the WB (who needs weight gain!!) but I'm afraid too because of anxiety....so all night I'm reading posts, thinking, thinking, what do I do...do I try the Zoloft and see if I gain weight, or try the WB and see if it helps anxiety? I know everyone's different, and my md said that some people respond well to WB and helping anxiety...I mean, I don't remember it hurting me but like I said, I don't remember taking it alone. I might have though. I should keep better track of my records.
I'm just relieved to read these posts, now I'm leaning towards the WB first....I don't know! Please let me know how you do.

Old 01-26-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Sage1958 HB User

I had horrible fury and rage on Wellbutrin - and I have severe GAD...I would be so careful...I think anxiety is more of a serotonin problem than a dopamine problem.

Closed Thread