It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
(female)

swig HB User
Anyone on Prozac?

I have been taken off of Lexapro due to side effects and my doctor wants me to try a very low dose of Prozac. I am afraid to try it, especially after the way the other med made me feel. Can anyone tell me your experiences with Prozac? Thanks so much!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User
Re: Anyone on Prozac?

It is done well for me. No weight gain or anything. Give it a shot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 01:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I was wondering the same thing.

I am on Celexa and I have packed on the lbs and I think just after a few months, it is pooped out already.

Any side effects at all?

Old 01-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

I took 20 mgs of Prozac for 11 years, and have been taking 40 mgs for the past year. I have had no negative side effects. I also take Anafranil. That caused a severe decrease in appetite and major weight loss. No problems with the Prozac though.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:50 PM   #5
(male)

ILiveForMyKIDS HB User

Here's the thing about drugs. Pharaceutal companys like money. They keep inventing new drugs, primary for money. Lexapro has been highly marketed and probably Dr.'s have been given incentives to promote Lexapro. Prozac I believe is from the 1970's if I remember correctly. It is the first SSRI. I take 30mg daily. I have anxiety, depression, and a little OCD. It is an absolutely amazing drug. I took lexapro as well, before prozac. Lexapro made me so tired, lazy, and no drive to do anything. Prozac has reduced my OCD almost completely. I haven't experienced any side effects that I'm awhere of. An interesting note, is that the half life of prozac has one of the longest halflifes of SSRI's. What this means, is that the theraputic window, the amount of drug that is helping you is maintained very steadily. For example lexapro, you could miss a dose and already feel withdrawls and have problems, where prozac is a much more forgiving drug. It is simple. I think the only reason they don't prescribe it as a first line drug anymore is because of MONEY. It's unfortunate the world revolves around money. Even medicine.

GJ
J

P.S. If you get bored, look up some weird disease, and then try to find a treatment. They are limited, if any, because drug companys can't make money off of a few individuals with potential life threatening illnesses.

Closed Thread