It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 05:18 PM   #1
(male)

Jgregson89 HB User
Post Advice needed for my anxiety.

hi, my name is james and i have had anxiety for about 5 years now, which is stoppin me from goin out and carrying on with my life. i was 13 wen it all started and missed 3 years of school. i have seen many "shrinks" and it just doesnt work for me. i have asked my doctor to give me something to take just to help me start the process of goin out, but they wont give me any thing and they keep tryin to send me to sum1 to talk to but like i said it just doesnt work for me. my doctor doesnt do call outs so i had to build up the courage to go see them n the way one of my doctors spoke to me made me feel so small n it set me back quite abit. i think its the fact that im still 17 that they are not giving me any thing but i think 5 years is far too long and i just want 2 get on with my life. i will try again in april wen i turn 18 and see if they will give me any thing but i wouldnt count on it. but basically im writing this to see if sum1 can give me some advise on how what i should do next. please get back to me as soon as possible and i will be very thankful.

thanks again
james

Old 01-30-2007, 05:58 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

ocdengineer HB User
Re: Advice needed for my anxiety.

What are your symptoms? It is hard to point you in the right directions with out knowing what is going on with you, however, why would your doctor not give you meds to help you regardless of what you are experiencing? Go to another doctor!

Later,
OE

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2007, 06:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hay James~
I hope you can go to another doc. do you have parents/parent who is on board with you? I hope you can get some help soon...please post more about what your symptoms are and whats going on. As far as support, ect.
There are docs out there that will help ppl that are younger, seriously. Are you in an area where there arent many docs? Im sorry that you are goin thru this. You obviously had a doc who was a wack, and dont stop trying to find another doc that will help. They are out there...
Please check back!~
xoxoxoxoxo,

Old 02-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
(male)

Jgregson89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdengineer View Post
What are your symptoms? It is hard to point you in the right directions with out knowing what is going on with you, however, why would your doctor not give you meds to help you regardless of what you are experiencing? Go to another doctor!

Later,
OE
hi, first i would like to say thank you so much for replying. my symptoms are mostly feeling sick, i also get other symptoms like i may feel dizzy or get a headache, there are a few others but its mostly feeling and wanting to be sick. it is hard to find a doctor that will help. i will try another doctor at the surgery but i will have to keep my fingers crossed. i wouldnt knw where to start lookin for a different doctor, the doctors around here get picky if you are in a certain area.
write back.
thanks again
james

Old 02-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
(male)

Jgregson89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
Hay James~
I hope you can go to another doc. do you have parents/parent who is on board with you? I hope you can get some help soon...please post more about what your symptoms are and whats going on. As far as support, ect.
There are docs out there that will help ppl that are younger, seriously. Are you in an area where there arent many docs? Im sorry that you are goin thru this. You obviously had a doc who was a wack, and dont stop trying to find another doc that will help. They are out there...
Please check back!~
xoxoxoxoxo,

hi, thank you for writing to me. i will try and look for another doctor its just that im not sure where to look. the doctors around can get picky about who they see if you dont live in the area. the main symptom i have is feeling and wanting to be sick. i sometimes feel dizzy and get a headache. there are a few more but i do have a hard time trying to explain it all. yes i do have both parents with me and they have and do support me but they are like me and not sure what to do next. yes lol i have seen a few doctors that are so stupid as they can see i need help yet they wont do any thing about it. thank you again for writing to me and i wont stop trying because i really want to get over this.
write back
thanks
james

Old 02-01-2007, 11:56 AM   #6
(male)

skifreee911 HB User

I also have anxiety due to feeling sick and eating, with fear of being sick that has stopped me from going out and doing things. This first started in middle school with me then came back in the end of high school until now, junior year of college. The first doctor i have gone to about it told be that men do not have anxiety so he advised me to go to a gi doctor, which he found nothing after months of tests. I am also now in the process of finding a doctor that will actually be willing to help.

Last edited by skifreee911; 02-01-2007 at 11:58 AM.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

ocdengineer HB User

Is it stomach pains, gas, bloating, headaches? These are all common for a lot of ailments. Do you ever feel like you are going to have a heart attack or hyperventilate? How about feeling like you are having tunnel vision and everything is foggy and unreal? The latter are symptoms of panic dissorder. If you experience these then the first step is to find a good therapist who, if necessary will send you to a good psychiatrist, but a lot of people can find relief just in therapy or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I hope you feel better James. Write back and answer my questions above.

Take care,
OE

Old 02-02-2007, 08:11 PM   #8
(male)

Jgregson89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdengineer View Post
Is it stomach pains, gas, bloating, headaches? These are all common for a lot of ailments. Do you ever feel like you are going to have a heart attack or hyperventilate? How about feeling like you are having tunnel vision and everything is foggy and unreal? The latter are symptoms of panic dissorder. If you experience these then the first step is to find a good therapist who, if necessary will send you to a good psychiatrist, but a lot of people can find relief just in therapy or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. I hope you feel better James. Write back and answer my questions above.

Take care,
OE

hello again, the four things u mentioned - stomach pains, gas, bloating and headaches. with me it is headaches that i get sometimes when preparing to leave, while being out and even wen i get home that is if i make it out in the first place. i cant say that i have felt like i am going to have a heartattack or hyperventilate the same with tunnel vision and this lookin foggy and unreal i am pretty sure that isnt how i feel. all i tend to remember is feeling and having the urge to be sick, along with the headaches and sometimes feeling slightly dizzy. at the moment i am trying to do it myself without seeing my doctor just yet, just to see how far i can go on my own. i just hope that if i do need my doctor to give me something just to help me lead the way. thanks again for writing back, it is good to talk about it and accutally feel like this could help and go somewhere.
thanks again
james

Old 02-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User

just feeling sick and not wanting to go out, and having headaches doesnt sem likw a panic disorder.. you said you had none of those other conditions
?? yuo may be a hypochondriac, if you think and want to be sick when your not... maybe you have a socail anxiet disorder, where you are nervous to be around others?? you may think of gojgn on somethnig long term for soial anxiety, it doesnt seem like you d benefit from anythnig fast acting, (xanax, ativa, valium,) etc.. if you rheart isnt beeating, fast, your not scared and nerveous forno reason, tingly, some mentioned, tunnel vision, very fst pulse etc.. then i think it just may be nerves about being around people. if anyd thinking your sick (maybe ocd) eitehr way it may be better to talk to a counselor then get medicated

Old 02-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #10
(male)

Jgregson89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPROUSEY05 View Post
just feeling sick and not wanting to go out, and having headaches doesnt sem likw a panic disorder.. you said you had none of those other conditions
?? yuo may be a hypochondriac, if you think and want to be sick when your not... maybe you have a socail anxiet disorder, where you are nervous to be around others?? you may think of gojgn on somethnig long term for soial anxiety, it doesnt seem like you d benefit from anythnig fast acting, (xanax, ativa, valium,) etc.. if you rheart isnt beeating, fast, your not scared and nerveous forno reason, tingly, some mentioned, tunnel vision, very fst pulse etc.. then i think it just may be nerves about being around people. if anyd thinking your sick (maybe ocd) eitehr way it may be better to talk to a counselor then get medicated

hi thanks for writing, i have been sick a few times when my anxiety really kicked in. it hasnt always been just some of the symptoms i have said, but i have said that i do find it hard to explain how i feel when my anxiety comes. i am not at all nervous around other people i am very confident around people. so i really dont think it is social anxiety. i have spoken to many people about it now and they do nothing for me, that for me just doesnt work. but i would of thought for nearly five years someone i have seen would of helped me with an answer but unfortunatly they didnt give me any good advise just the same things over and over again.
thanks again
James

Last edited by Jgregson89; 02-04-2007 at 04:43 PM.

Closed Thread