It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
(female)

Bseals HB User
Question randon twitching and anxiety?

In late November my right eye started twitching after I sneezed. I thought it was sort of funny at first, but it persisted for about 2 weeks. I wasnt too worried, i had figured it was just my calcium levels due to my thyroid being removed in the summer. But after having my blood checked it wasnt calclium, so i started to worry a bit. shortly after the twitching moved to my calves, it would twitch for about a minute and then quite. I started researching the twitching symptoms on the internet and put myself in quite a scare thinking i had lupus and then ms. the twitching got worse and then i had convinced myself i was dying of ALS. i finally had a breakdown and went to the Dr. crying- who said it was surely not ALS and began asking me some med history questions and such. then she asked if i was stressed when it started, which i was-my husband had just unexpectedly deployed over the thanksgiving holliday (the 3rd in a row) So, she started me on a low dose of paxil and within days it nearly stopped. I did good for about 2 weeks and then the week before i went on vacation it started again-much milder though, and again i was stressed about vacation (it typically doesnt take much!) now that i'm back home from vacation it has nearly stopped again. I've heard muscle twitching can be anxiety related ( i get it pretty randomly from the calves, thighs, back, some places in the torso, glutes, nose and eye lids) I also get kind of achy in the upper arm muscles and sometimes the bottom of my feet burn/tingle. i would love to believe that this is all just some anxiety thing and maybe due to hormone changes after the thyroid was removed (those levels are perfect as well during all of this) but if it is, why is it just surfacing now? in am almost 26 and have had MUCH more stressful times in my life (such as teen pregnancy and divorced by 21) SO, i guess my question is, can anxiety really do all of this to you?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #2
(female)

crazzzzy HB User
Re: randon twitching and anxiety?

yes!! anxiety can do all of this to you for sure. you said you went through much more stressful times, but probably over the years it has just built up. i suffer frome SEVER panic diorder and i have had all of those symptoms. as a mtter of fact i have a twith in the right ear that has been there since '01. my anxiety has been so bad that i have felt like i can't talk good or move my arms and legs. you would be surprised at what anxiety can do to ya! i don't think you have anything to worry about , ecspecially since you have gotten an ok on everything from the doctor. GOOD LUCK! hope you get better!

Old 02-13-2007, 08:17 AM   #3
(female)

Bseals HB User
Re: randon twitching and anxiety?

Thank you so much for the confirmation! Not that I'm at all glad you are having these issues, but it feels good to know that there are other people experiencing the same thing. I was really starting to drive myself crazy for a while and you have put me at ease emensly. I think I'm going to talk to my DR about getting some therapy to learn how to relax a bit

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-13-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Closed Thread