It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

hjjasnell HB User
Question Trazodone,Geodon, Ativan for GAD & OCD, any input?

So my new doctor took me off Paxil (wasn't helping) and Seroquel (used for sleeping) and put me on Geodon (for my GAD and OCD), Ativan (for my anxiety attacks) and Trazodone (to help me sleep). I'm on 160mg Geodon, 100mg Trazodone (sp?) and 50-100mg Ativan as needed. I'm just hoping to get some input from others that are on any of the meds I'm on.

I went through the withdrawals for Paxil (and am still dealing with the little waves of electric currents through my body every now and then, 2 weeks after stopping it). The Paxil made me gain 25+lbs in 2 months time, off it I've already lost 5lbs in 2 weeks!

I've been taking the Geodon for a week and a half and whenever the doc ups my dosage (she slowly wanted to get me to 160mg) I'm exhausted the next day (can't keep my eyes open at work!) plus I've been having these really weird dreams. Of course I can't remember them now but I can throughout the night and just remember that I didn't want to go back to sleep because of them. Is that normal on Geodon?

I only started the Desryl/Trazodone last night and it took 2 hours to make me even think about maybe possibly going to bed. Of course, once I laid down I was out like a light.

I've taken the Ativan a couple times. She wanted me to start on 1-50mg tablet as needed and then after taking it a few times to see how my body reacted I could up to 100mg if needed. The 50mg doesn't even have an affect on me, so my next attack (I've only been on it for a week and taken it 3 times already) I'm going to try 100mg and see what happens, if anything.

So any input on how these meds work, side effects (that aren't listed in the pamphlet but more from personal experience), whether they work or not, just anything you can tell me would be helpful!! My OCD kicks in and I have to research like a mad woman for every new med they give me (it gets tiring sometimes LOL). Thanks so much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

bulletinboard25 HB User
Re: Trazodone,Geodon, Ativan for GAD & OCD, any input?

For your sake I sincerely hope you mean .50mg/1mg of Ativan and not 50mg and 100mg of Ativan.

First of all, they don't come in 50/100mg strength; they do, however, come in .50 and 1mg strength.

That's a huge difference.

All the medicines you mentioned have been used successfully in treating the things you are talking about.

With all psychiatric meds, what works for one might not work for you. Also, you need to give your body time to adjust to each medication.

Closed Thread