It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
(female)

terry111 HB User
Celexa-anyone have any info.

My doc just prescribe me celexa. The only real anxiety symptom I'm having is breathing trouble, but she said the celexa at a low dose should help and I am to check back in with her in 3 weeks. Just wondering if anyone has taken it or currently takes it and if you've had any side effects. My cousin is on this and told me it's a miracle pill for her! I'm hoping it makes me feel the same way.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:50 PM   #2
(female)

haileysheets HB User
Re: Celexa-anyone have any info.

I have been on 40 mg. of Celexa once a day for 3 years now for generalized anxiety disorder. Getting on it has been the best thing I have ever done in my life. I can now manage everyday stressors and not constantly worry about everything. I didn't have any side effects from the Celexa aside from about 5 lbs. of weight gain. The only side effects I had were positive. Let me know how it's working for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
(male)

cw4262 HB User

I have been on 40mg of celexa for about 6 months now. The only side effect I have noticed is a small decrease in libido. From what I am told side effects with this medication lesson over time. All in all Im pretty happy with this medication.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I was on celexa for a few months. It worked for me but too strong and I also gained close to 40 lbs in 3 months so I had to come off. It really helped me make some sounbd decisions!

Old 02-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

i am on week 5 of 20mg of celexa and am doing okay. i am also on buspar for anxiety. i was tired at first but i am doing better. i might increase the dose but want to see how well this works for now.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User

so does celexa work for depression agroaphobia and panic attacks does anyone know i have celexa and i also have zoloft 50mg but zoloft dont seem to be working i was also on effexor xr i hated them they did work at first maybe 4 mos was it .so which is better celexa or zoloft i also take thyriod meds too i just found out 2 mos ago i also take xanax for my panic attacks.any advice will be helpfull .vickie45

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-24-2007 at 12:15 PM.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:05 AM   #7
(female)

terry111 HB User

I am on day 3 of taking just 5mg of celexa. It is making me beyond sleepy, and giving me a headache and nausea. I am already thinking it's not going to work for me... I feel so helpless! The only thing I have wrong is with my breathing but now that is still going on and I feel weird from being on celexa. It's like a lifeless/listless feeling. I don't like it and probably won't be on this med for long.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I felt like this on 5mg. Call your doctor and tell him you would like to try 10mg. I felt so much better on 10. I think the 5mg was just irritating my body.

Don't give up! It take a few weeks but it will be worth it.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
(female)

terry111 HB User

My dose will be increasing to 10mg after a week on the 5mg. So maybe I should stick with it then, until I get to 10mg and see how I feel. I have to function a lot though, this week. I have two small children and I have to be at their preschool doing some things and I have some meetings, etc.. so I'm worried if I feel like this, there is no way I can do all these things! I could hardly get out of bed this morning and that isn't like me at all!

Old 03-08-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
(female)

angellady71 HB User

I have been on it for about a month now. The first week I suffered from nausea and terrible headaches. I stuck it out and I am glad I did, because those terrible side effects passed.

Last edited by ms_mod; 03-09-2007 at 09:06 AM.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:21 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User

i too am on celexa my psychatrist put me on it because i was on zoloft 50 mg he then switched me to 20 mg celexa i couldnt handle it so i called and ask if he'd try me on something else he wouldnt so i decided to ween off i cut the 20 mg in half to make 10 mg i havent had any side effects but my psychiatrist got mad because i told them the celexa made me worse so he termanted me and he wouldnt tell me how to ween off i had to call the drug store and ask them im also taking 3 1 mg of xanax and of course my psychiatrist wont help with that either so i found a new dr i go see on march 23rd this is my 2nd week weening off celexa then im to take one every other day for a week then stop i hope it helps cause i dont want all those panic attacks or depression or agraphobia to come back my prob was i have a under active thyriod i suffered a yr with it before they found out my old gp wouldnt check my thyriods and i begged him many many times i have also tried effexor xr 75 mg and omg that was the worst med ever for me the low dose worked pretty good but i only took it for 10 days the whole time it was my thyriod but alls they did was put me on anti depressents and xanax and it was my thyriods were out of whack and if my gp dr would have checked id have got better sooner what im wondering now is am i feeling better now from my thyriod meds been taking them 8 weeks now or is it the celexa thats helping me i want off both the celexa and the xanax asap. i think id feel better i hope ,im no longer having panic or depression and im not scared to leave i can now drive and go places now without being scared.

Closed Thread