It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

elizabeth8989 HB User
Exclamation Celexa Or Zoloft!?!?

Hi i recentley got perscribed to zoloft and i have heard of people gainign weight! i took it for about a week and i felt as if my appetite was supressed! zoloft always made me tired and kind of in a bad mood! i thought it was suppose to make me feel better! does anyone know if celexa is better than zoloft? and which one is weight loss most likelye to occur cuz i can not afford to gain any weight!please help!

Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Celexa Or Zoloft!?!?

How long have you been on Zoloft? It takes about a month for a med to kick in. when do you take your medication. In the morning or at night? I always have to take my med at dinner time because I get tired from all meds.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2007, 07:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User

hi i too was on zoloft im suppose to be taking it now but i been on it 2 mos and it isnt helping at all before zoloft i was on 75mg of effexor xr they worked for maybe 4 mos after that they didnt work anymore so i switched to zoloft 50 mg to ween off effexor my dr did give me celexa but i havent took any and i really dont want too if i stopped my zoloft or how does one ween off them like every other day or what my prob is thyriod it caused me depression ,panic attacks ,and agraphobia but if i stop will something bad happen to me ? or should i try the celexa its 20mg and if so are they hard to come off of effexors were thats why i had to take zoloft in place with effexor to help with side effects .any advice.not sure what to do i hate taking anti depressents and the dr thinks once my thyriods are leveled out i wont need them anymore .
thanks vickie45

Old 03-07-2007, 04:40 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

vickie45 HB Uservickie45 HB User

hi well since i last posted i had stopped the 50 mg of zoloft and went on 20 mg of celexa i took it but i ened up having bad side effects like .severe dizziness,severe aniety,fear shakiness nervousness and crying spells severe sweating and severe headachs so i called my psychiatrist and told him about this i only been seeing him since dec 2006 and he only gave me zoloft and celexa well the dr who treats my thyriods told me i wasnt suppose to be n the type of anti depressent while on my thyriod meds so i called and told my psychiatrist and told him what it was doing to me well i got a big surprise he told me i should find someone else cause he couldnt help me anymore that is not a very professional dr to me i was seeing him for depression panic attacks and agraphobia so now i have to ween off the celexa on my own the drugstore had to tell me how cause the psychiatrist wouldnt tell me oh well i done found another dr but cant see him till the 23rd and i prob dont need the anti depressents it was my thyriods all along but my old gp wouldnt check my thyriod levels and i suffered a yr with it well i found a internal medicine dr and hes suppose to be good its hard to find a good dr these days it seems like but i never thought a psychatrist would tell a patient he couldnt help them anymore i had to cut the celexa in half to make them 10 mg and im to take 1 a day for 2 weeks then take a half every other day for 1 week then i should be done i hope so i even told the psychatrist he didnt give me any refills and he didnt care so i just found another dr i dont need a psychatrist anyway im finally getting my life back and im weening off those ugly anti depressents which i didnt like taking anyway i have allways had trouble taking them so im not letting that dr get to me i done found a dr to treat me for my aniety hes internal so he will treat me for everything and i will only need 1 dr .

Old 03-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

i have been on both zoloft and celexa. i can not take zoloft. the celexa side effects weren't to bad in the beginning but the ongoing side effects are enough to make me think about quitting it. i have fatigue from it. i can take a nap for three hours, get up, drink a cup of coffee and an hour and a half later start yawning. i am taking 20mgs as a supplement to 60mg of buspar. when i was only on the buspar i physically felt fine. the celexa is for occasional breakthrough thoughts. my appetite is decreased but my cravings for chocolate is increased. hope this helps.

Closed Thread