It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 04:02 AM   #1
(female)

hobartanxiety HB User
does xanax really work for flying?

Hello everyone
I have never posted before but read the threads and they help - thank you.
I won't bore you all with my anxiety story but one thing I would desperately like to hear are your success stories with xanax and flying?
The last time I flew I took a lot of valium in the hours that preceeded the flight and still had to have the plane stop and everybody's luggage taken off and my partner and i had to get off. It was so humiliating. In the past i have clawed arms of fellow passengers until they bled, been held down in my seat by staff and other hideous incidents.
Its not a fear of flying - well I have the 'normal' fear about that. It is claustrophobia and I realise this is all about control - or lack of it. I have been told that Xanax WILL work and have been guarenteed of this. Trouble is how on earth can I test it? I am hardly going to board a plane just 'in case' it works and I don't suffer a massive panic attack........

So, if you have the same issue I have and have had success I would desperately love to hear from you.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and be kind to yourself everyone.

Regards

Angelina

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
(male)

Prince1 HB User
Re: does xanax really work for flying?

Who ever guarenteed you that it would work was lying or uneducated about it. Everyones bodies are diffrent and it will probely work but there isint a guarentee. The best thing to do is just take that next flight and if you feel good on it you will never have to worrie again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

boxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB Userboxerlover227 HB User

Hi I would never fly without it!!! Xanax worked great for me for my anxiety and panic disorder associated with flying.
I have a horrible fear of flying and I feel claustrophobic on planes and the xanax takes that anxiety all away!

Old 02-27-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
(male)

Heartzexplode HB User

This is probably a controversial statement, but I would say that xanax would be very likely to help you out. I just quickly looked on the valium rxlist and it describes much of the symptoms you went through. If I were you I would try a dose before you fly so you can monitor the effects before you enter a crisis situation. I, however, have confidence it would do at least some good for you.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Hi Hobart, here's a recent thread on xanax and flying. It really helps me when I fly!!

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=472758&highlight=xanax[/url]

Closed Thread