It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
(female)

mikesgirl HB User
Can anyone recommend meditation and relaxation CD's?

I have recently developed some anxiety issues and at this point I don't want to go on antidepressant/antianxiety daily meds. I did have a doctor give me Xanax, and I am still up in the air about that-currently I am only taking 0.25mg at bedtime for sleep help.

Anyway, I see people mentioning meditation and relaxation CD's and things like that. Can anyone recommend any they like?

Last edited by moderator2; 02-28-2007 at 07:21 PM.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Can anyone recommend meditation and relaxation CD's?

I use a program "The Linden Method". It comes with meditation and visualization tapes. It also is a program the help you rid of anxiety. It personally love it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 11:16 PM   #3
(female)

nitsa.triel HB User

I've dealt with anxiety issues all my adolescence. "Issues" is putting it mildly, actually I lived through a year when my heart rate during panic attacks would climb above 200 beats/minute and send me to ER every couple of months or so. There are a lot of different approaches to dealing with anxiety, and just like a diet , once a method is chosen, better to stick with it. Self discipline is just as important as self-love. I chose meditation. It was a journey which started with a self-disciplined approach to how I view my body, I forbade myself to think that anything was random or that anxiety attacks "just happened". Instead, I would tell myself, this is an imbalance - both physical and spiritual, that I am experiencing. The meditation DVD I highly recommend to you is Mandala of Golden Buddha.

{REMOVED}

Use your favorite calming music or guided meditation. These visualizations are meant to work as mirrors, by making you gaze into a highly balanced, highly mathematical dynamic structures, they project the same ubiquitous balance to your physical and emotional spheres. And they work. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-20-2007 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Don't post "How To" search instructions. Ms_Mod

Old 08-20-2007, 02:52 AM   #4
(female)

Penelope4 HB User

I find music really excellent for dealing with anxiety, but I get bored listening to relaxation tapes, personally I love listening to any of the great Classical compositions, by Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, Schumann, Schubert... Beethoven is the best. Especially his Ave Maria. And Pachelbel's Canon! But then, I am a pianist, so maybe it's just me.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 AM   #5
(female)

mandy26 HB User

When I'm really anxious, I find that a lot of music actually keys me up more, or I just don't have the patience for it. I found some CDs by The Relaxation Company--it's their Alpha Relaxation Solution series that Dr. Jeffrey Thompson worked on. Basically, the CDs--some are music, some just nature sounds--incorporate brainwave pulses that are supposed to tune your brain to a frequency that will allow a more relaxed (alpha) state. I'm quite partial to the Thunderstorm, though the Ocean Waves and Rainforest are good too. I listen to them repeatedly at work on headphones, and it helps keep me on a more even keel through the workday. (Work is a stressor for me.)

There are also a couple of Guided Relaxation CDs that I've found helpful, also from the Relaxation Company. They are Living Peace and Living Joy. They are guided relaxations by Gael Chiarella (known for Yokibics). She has a really soothing voice. I've also tried her Meditations for Emotional Freedom. But again, when I'm in a really worked up anxious state (ie, on the edge of an anxiety attack), I don't typically have the patience to listen to something like this. But it's really good when you're feeling only mildly/moderately anxious.

{REMOVED}

*Also, several of these CDs I mentioned, as well as others, you might be able to find at one of your larger book/CD stores, in the New Age section, probably. Most of these store have headphones now where you can listen to the tracks before purchasing. Listen to a few different ones, and see what you connect with best. Dr. Andrew Weil has some decent CDs as well.

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-20-2007 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Don't post "How To" search instructions. Ms_Mod

Closed Thread