It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
(female)

Amini HB User
Fibromyalgia & anxiety

You will probably say how stupid I am
But I really donít know the different between Fibromyalgia & anxiety is it the same or what??
When I was searching on the net the symptoms was almost the same so Iím little bit confuse here.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
(female)

owutaqt HB User
Re: Fibromyalgia & anxiety

I have both. Fibro causes more pain and sleepiness the anxiety is more intense fear at certain times. Anxiety does not cause the muscle aches and flu feeling that Fibro does. There are also a host of things that go with Fibro, like irratible bowel syndrome, stomach problems, urinary problems, sleep disturbances, and the like, none of those go with panic.

Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2007, 12:41 PM   #3
(female)

Amini HB User

thanx
i didnt know that one of Fibro syptoms is flu feeling
thanx again

Old 03-03-2007, 04:50 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

teacher2be HB User

i also have fibromyalgia and anxiety problems. alot of people i think that have fibromyalgia have depression and anxiety. i do. they go hand in hand for me. with my fibromyalgia i hurt bad in my legs sometimes they hurt so bad they feel numb like the worst flu aches you can imagine. i also hurt in my hips. the fibromyalgia makes me feel very fatigued and foggy feelings sometimes. i have dry eyes and dry mouth also which can be associated. i get very stiff from it too especially if it is cold or rainy. it almost can be like arthitis for me. it can be depressing at times because i can't hardly walk along ways without my legs killing me. i am only 28 years old and that is hard. also i have the IBS. don't mean to be complaining but just letting you learn kind different aspects of fibromyalgia.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:01 AM   #5
(female)

Amini HB User

Complaining is good as fare as I know you will feel good
I didnít know that Fibro is that bad I really hope that you get better & again its ok to complain, I think that any person who join to this forum is seeking for help or want to help Iím a person who is seeking for help & I hope to help others too. you already did helped & I think you are seeking for help too(this is just matter of opinion).

Old 03-04-2007, 06:07 AM   #6
(female)

FANNtasy3 HB User

Just to be informative amini, folks with fibro do have an illness that is that bad. For us, most of the time our lives have come to a screaching halt due to pain and actually feeling like we have the flue... along with the pain and suffering of the other syndroms that go along with it. This is every day to some degree. Ive spent most of my life feeling only about 70% healthy until a few years ago when it actually disabled me. I spent 2 yrs feeling 20-35% healthy. Depression and anxiety do go hand in hand for most fibro sufferes. The depression is brought on mostly I believe due to the chronic pain and ills, and people telling us we look fine and not understanding that it does hurt that bad and its not in our heads. A great deal of our anxiety comes from the fear that all these things we have going wrong with us must surely be a sign that we have some wretched disease that is killing us and the doctors dont know why or what from.
I myself have had anxiety since I was a toddler. I was one stressed out little girl. My psycologist says Ive never learned to deal with stress and at 40 I still havent. I try to elliminate it from my life, but in order to do that completely, Ide have to become a hermit.
Just my input.
Hope that clues you in a little better.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
(female)

Amini HB User

I wrote this topic cuz since I started my college 3yrs ago I was always felling tired not only that my hair started to fall, nick & shoulders pain, lake of sleep I wont say lack cuz I sleep 8 to 10Hrs but still it seems its not enough & when I woke up my hips heart, depression, hard time to breath although I play sport 3 times a week, & I feel dizzy even when Iím sitting watching TV for a moment everything goes black. When I tell this to my mom she tells me im lazy & when I go to doctor they chick my HP & they say that it is low you have to eat healthy food I did for more than a month but still I donít know why ?my face is always yellow or white like im dead & I have to cover it with make up.
I searched through the net & I saw fibro & anxiety but I didnít know the different between them, but I guess I know now & as far as I know I think main is only anxiety.

Closed Thread