It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
(male)

Skidoo600 HB User
symptoms for 6 months, is it anxiety?

Good afternoon,

I have had chest pains for like 6 months and doctors had first dx me with acid reflux, but now there are no signs of it, I have had a stress test which I passed with flying colors and have had many other tests done, and nothing has been found. I have had a headache almost everyday for this whole time, and bad muscle spasms. I went to the ER 2 different times because the pain in my left arm and left side of my chest hurts and throbs more than my right side. I also get a really red (flushed) face, and my blood pressure is usually around 140 to 145/ 80 to 90 so I am not sure what is wrong with me, and was wondering what you thought, if it is anxiety or what? I have been really worried that it was my heart but i passed the stress test so Idk. My face only seems to get really flushed when I am in temperatures over 68 degrees.

Thanks for your help

Old 03-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
(female)

Anxiety-stinks HB User
Re: symptoms for 6 months, is it anxiety?

I also have chest pains and pain in my arms and shoulders frequently.I went to the dr. and had an EKG and a chest x-ray.The dr. finally said it was anxiety and gave me some meds.I can't tolerate them,so I am trying to deal with it without meds.I constantly think about dying.The dr. said that is all very "normal" with anxiety.I am going through a bankruptcy and I lost my house in it.We have had to move and rent a house.I know that the stress of all of that has caused my anxiety to skyrocket.I also worry all the time about what everyone in my old neighborhood thinks of me.I have really been concentrating on my breathing and this has helped the chest pain somewhat.I hope you feel better soon.I definately feel for you.
Dawn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2007, 05:07 AM   #3
(male)

Skidoo600 HB User

Thanks for replying, I have also had teribble back pain and diareha for this whole time, and lost like 50 pounds. does it still sound like anxiety? The headaches and chest pains are what drive me nuts, and I am always sore and always tired. just wondered what you guys think. Thank you

Old 03-06-2007, 07:16 AM   #4
(female)

dazzlediamond HB User

I too have have been having generalized chest pains for almost 2 weeks now--never in the same spot. Really moves around. I do have anxiety, but still worry it could be my heart as well ( I am 38 yo) Do your pains vary, or move around at all?

Old 03-07-2007, 08:06 AM   #5
(male)

damians HB User

Hi Guys,

I have had chest pain which they first think is Gerd but now my doc thinks it is stress etc, my pain in generally just under my left shoulder and sometimes goes down to the heart area, it comes and goes a bit. I will have days of pain followed by days without it. I also get aches in my arms and pins and needles in fingers. I too went to ER went it all kicked off and have loads of blood tests and ecgs and a chest xray, all were fine. Been given meds but dont think to take them, I have just been trying to chill out a lot more and not get stressed over everything which has helped a lot, pain only now and again now. By the way the pain was never severe more like an ache.

Closed Thread