It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

confused32 HB User
anxiety and the Mirena IUD

Do any of the women on here have the Mirena IUD?? I had mine put in almost 2 years ago. I thought it was the best thing ever. About a year ago some of you may know from all my other post i started having a health anxiety. I was having arm pains, dizziness, fatigue, chest pains, and SOB. I had a severe panic attack over some of these and ended up at the ER a few times in a short period of time. Since then i have worried about my heart 24/7 for the last year almost. I recently had my IUD removed due to it coming out of place ( a whole other story on that one). Since having it removed i have found a few message boards with people that are sharing their experience with the Mirena. It feels like i am reading my own horror story in their post. Many of them are suffering or have suffered these same symptoms as i have for the last year of my life. Many are now on anti-anxiety meds like i am and also on anti-depressants. They have also been to several doctors to try to figure out what the heck is going on. Many were told they had fibromylgeria, depression, IBS and the list goes on. I wonder now if the IUD had been causing my problems with anxiety all along. They talk about the night sweats, the insomnia and all the other issues i had mentioned and it all sounds exactly like what i have been feeling. I had mine taken out about 2 weeks ago and i can actually say my anxiety is almost gone. I am not using the loranzapan anymore, i do not obsess over my heart all day every day anymore either. The few weeks leading up to the removal i truely felt i was in a severe derpessed state of mind and i felt as if i was losing my mind. I feel like a new person in some ways. The fatigue is better, i still have some aches and pains in my arms but the dizziness and anxiety is fading rapidly. Many also mentioned they could not handle stress well, would snap over something very minor and how it was really affecting their home life with their children and spouses. I was just wondering if anyone on here has the IUD and thought maybe me telling this story might be of help to anyone on here that is suffering the way i have been. I just pray it was the IUD doing this to my body and that i can start to feel like my old self again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2007, 09:56 AM   #2
(female)

ryleetn HB User
Re: anxiety and the Mirena IUD

Wow that is very interesting, I also have an IUD but mine is the copper one that isn't suppose to have hormones. Although I have alot of the same symptoms as you talked about but then again I have always had anxiety. But the chest pains and all freak me out, enough that I have seen a cardiologist who told me my heart is fine. But the dizziness and other symptoms? Well as bad as I will probably hate to know what is the rest of the story with having the IUD removed.

Closed Thread