It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
(female)

anxietyinca HB User
Wink Help! KLONOPIN,ZOLOFT&SEROQUEL WITHDRAWL

how do I try and get off this cocktail my psychiatrist has me on. I have been able to taper the klonopin to a small amount but I can't get beyond that without severe withdrawl symptoms. Any advise?

Old 03-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Help! KLONOPIN,ZOLOFT&SEROQUEL WITHDRAWL

Follow a withdrawal program from your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
(female)

crisclick HB User

Hi! I'm new here, and well, maybe this can help you: I read a lot here today and one guy said that when you take also meds such zoloft, prozac, the anti dep., that what can happen when you start to cut down on the klonopin or any other benzodiazepine is more severe withdrawal symptoms because the zoloft has those side effects : agitation, anxiety,eyc.. so it'd really make sense to think that taper off the zoloft first would be a good idea. I take klonopin and am just starting to cut down , will do very slowlly.
I heard that zoloft is a medication which can produce strong anxiety feelings, so getting off a tranquilizer with its withdrawal symptoms plus zoloft might be too hard, but thsi is what I read from other people here.. Klonopin withdrawal is not easy but it's not horrible for everybody.. do you know the Ashton manual? If not, you can ******** it free online, it teaches you how to taper off the benzodiazepines.
Also I read here today that with klonopin the best way is always to taper very slowlly, and the longer the spaces between a new small dose cut, the better, like .25 each 15 days or more, 1 month, whatever you can do.. Wish you luck and let's take our time to get off these drugs as it's not thaaaat easy..!

Old 03-31-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
(female)

airforcewife04 HB User

I have just gotten off of zoloft, if was very very hard, but very very do able. First, go really slow, 1/2 your pills every few days. It took me almost 3 months, but i have not had a pill on amonth.
But now i am having A LOT of anxiety, yelling cant sleep, things like that I don't think i need zoloft, but something else i think.

Closed Thread