It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Blisters in palms of my hands!

I have always been kinda high strung and nervous and when I get very up set about something the palms of my hands will break out with little clear blisters and it will itch like crazy. I don't do this unless I get real mad or up set about something. Both of my hands are completely covered with these blisters right now. Well my Doctor put me on Xanax after my Mom passed away and she was only giving me a 10 day supply at the time. The last time I was in her office she told me that she was gonna have to keep me on the Xanax and that when I was about to run out to come back to her office and that she was gonna write the prescription for a months supply. Well when I went back to see her she was on vacation and I had to see another Doctor and I explained to him what she had planned to do. Well he said fine that he would write it but he dropped the dosage down and thats when I really noticed a difference that the medicine was not working to keep me calmed down. What I was wondering is, does any one else get these blisters like I do? I have made an appoinment to go back to see my Doctor tomorrow and show her my hands and let her put me back on the dosage she had me on to start with. I hate to have to take them, but the things thats going on right now in my life, I just can't see my self getting off of them right now. Would anybody that does this pplease respond back and explain how and what brings this on when it happens to you!

Thanks,
Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2007, 12:40 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Blisters in palms of my hands!

My husband got these blisters all over his hands and feet about 4-5 times a year. Little painful beasts. The doc tried everything to fix the rash and de-stress him (stress was what did it). Anyway he retired from work (teaching) 18 months ago and guess what - right, not a single outbreak in all that time. The funny thing was, he loved his job and although it was full-on all the time, he never really thought that that was it. So there you are. But I felt for him and I feel for you. At least once or twice the rash almost covered him completely.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User

i have had them and still get them.. sounds like water blisters to me.. they are nothing to worry about if that is what they are.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

fancis HB User

I get little teeny ones sometimes. If you look closely with the right lighting you can always see them just a bit. They look like a scar or something, but under the right conditions they kind of pop out and look like blisters. When I get stressed, too hot or sweaty, or other misc. events they come out and look fluid filled. Not sure when I first got them or where they came from. I showed them to a dermatologist and she said they were warts and common. Honestly, I don't believe her though. :-)

Old 04-05-2007, 11:41 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Thanks for all of your replies! I went to my Doctor today and she put me back on the same miligram of Xanax that she had me on. While she was on vacation another Doctor changed the dosage. My Doctor said that it was definently caused from stress and worry. She also wrote me some kind of cream to have filled to put on my hands and even said that if I could put it on at night before I went to bed and to put some rubber gloves on that it would help it. I didn't get to pick the cream up from the drug store because by the time we left the Doctors office, the drug store was closed but I will get it filled tomorrow and see if it helps. Anything is worth trying because it itches so bad.

Thanks again!
Jan

Old 04-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #6
(female)

deenie HB User
I think it's called

Pomplyx Eczema. I have something similar but I wake up with little painful reddish dots. They're not really blisters but hurt and I think are related to my regular eczema. Last month I had an outbreak on my toes and it itched like crazy. Steroid creams were the only thing that worked. This is all made worse by stress...I know.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-06-2007 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Removed banned word. If a word comes up like this *** in your post that word is banned on this website. Ms_Mod

Old 04-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

fancis HB User

My blisters are always white, I've never had the red ones. Stress does some strange things!

CoyoteBound- Hope yours are better soon! Glad you got the right Xanax doseage.

Closed Thread