It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

hyper79 HB User
Any positives on Prozac

Hi, I know everyone reacts different on meds but I really need some positive imput on Prozac. I have had some bad experiences with these meds and I fear them all. I have had the bottle filled for over a week but have not got up the nerve to take it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 03:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Any positives on Prozac

There is a thread posted here about Prozac. It was about a month ago. Try to locate it because there are so many people that really liked it.

Start out at a low dose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 08:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hope4All HB UserHope4All HB User

The only side effect I had from Prozac is that I couldn't stay awake for more than 5min BUT that was the only side effect....and if your sleeping all the time you really have NO anxiety lol

But my kids were small and I couldn't sleep all day, that is the only reason I threw them out. I'm sure that would have worn off in a few weeks but I couldn't sleep that long lol

The only thing I suggest that I do, is when I start taking a new med I make sure hubby is home so he can keep an eye on me to see if my behavior changes in a negative way.

Hope

Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User

I got so much energy from Prozac. It was great.
I wish I could have stayed on it! I am so tired without meds!

Old 04-19-2007, 12:29 PM   #5
(female)

qingche HB User

I have more energy too when I am on Prozac. I used to be very, very tired and had no energy at all---for a long time I really thought I was sick because I was so tired all the time. But once I started Prozac, I could go out more.

It does make me sleepy sometimes, and I even fell asleep at my desk at work a few times. However, this sleepiness is very different from and much better than the tiredness I had before. Now I can sleep whenever I want, but when I wake up I feel more energetic. I know it sounds strange, but this is the way Prozac makes me feel. I feel more relaxed when I am awake, and when I want to sleep I never have a problem doing so.

Closed Thread