It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

mellyuk HB User
Anxiety feeling sick

Hi

Do any of you feel sick when your nerves are playing up? I have had heartburn for days and now that has gone and I just feel sick in my stomach.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

stressedteacher HB User
Re: Anxiety feeling sick

One of the signs of anxiety is a general feeling of being sick and feeling like you have the flu or like your stomach is tied up in knots.

be well.

stressed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

Dawn B. HB User

Oh yes, all that nervousness or anxiety does make you feel rotten. What happens to me is I feel all wound up sometimes like I'm going to blow up, and it may go on for weeks, but eventually I a day comes I get so exhausted from it I can barely move. I HATE it. Do you take anything to help you?
Dawn <><

Old 05-01-2007, 05:06 AM   #4
(female)

mellyuk HB User

I used to take diazipam but take nothing now. I get heart burn but this has now turned into a none stop feeling of nausea. Maybe this nausea goes when I am busy, not thinking about it etc, but I am unsure. My doctors put everything down to anxiety and I'm sick of going and coming out feeling like crap.

I wish they would give me something for it, they have given me counciling, which was a waste of time looking back, I would just go and moan for an hour and the other thing is diazipam, but they make me feel like a junkie when I go and ask for it, even though they only give me 12 2mg per month.

I also do the susan jeffers and louise hay stuff, maybe not enough, but I start doing well then just fall right back down.

I am so low today, don't really see the point in going on if I am always going to feel like this,.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

I get the feeling like my stomach is in knots. I describe it as the feeling I used to get when I was young and had to go to the doctors. I take Wellbutrin now for other stuff, but the doc gave me some anti-nausea meds in case it made me feel nauseas. I take 1 every morning after taking my other meds. My stomach pains are a lot better now and less frequent. It could be a side effect of the Wellbutrin helping me, it could be the other meds, or it could just be my mind. Who knows, I guess I will find out when I stop taking the anti-nausea meds at least.

So to answer your question, yes anxiety can make your stomach hurt and give you many other symptoms of just feeling icky.

Old 05-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
(male)

paxo HB User

As Chaos mentions perhaps some anti-nausea meds may help. Even a little Bi Carb.

Ive read also that it works in reverse: if you take something for the nausea it stops the anxiety.

I'm wondering also about the following as the nausea may not be related to anxiety or these ideas below may help anyway. They are only my experiences:

Bottled water. I cant stomach very well water out of the tap

gluten free diet

Ive found that wholemeal wheat bread causes me nausia like many. I now get a mixed grain from tescos - what a difference.

Possibly magnesium deficiency. This seems to be a main consideration at the moment.

Artificial sweetners in fizzy drinks and the quinine in tonic water even the cheap ones make me feel sick.

B3 Niacin is a good cheap calmer

Cutting out caffeine

I always check the med sheet that comes with meds. I never used too but it suprises me then info in them.

I try to take smaller meals. That makes a big difference to me.

Stay with it mellyuk. Perhaps some of the above may help.

Diazipam for me ( the little ive taken) makes the nausea worse as it wears off so i dont take it.

Paaxxxxxxx

Last edited by paxo; 05-01-2007 at 09:46 AM.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #7
(female)

Dawn B. HB User

when I am not on something, like my Paxil that stopped working, for my anxiety, the anxiety it's self totally wears me out to the point I don't feel well. Complete exhaustion.
<><

Old 05-02-2007, 05:38 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

Just remember and always say to yourself "This too shall pass", Don't ever give up. I know the sickness you feel. I feel it too. It will go away. I learned that if you don't focus on your symthoms, they disappear. Its very hard to do but once you manage to figure it out it works wonders. I hope you feel better soon. I am in a relaps now; and am trying so hard to keep positive. ITs hard but anxiety is managable.

Closed Thread