It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2007, 09:05 PM   #1
(female)

IslandDebTx HB User
Inability to stop thinking of EVERYTHING at once..cause me anxiety

I have anxiety induced by stress I am sure, but I just can't find a way to get each and every thought from my head. At night, during the day, it's mostly as a result of my family. My father in law passed Jan 2, my mom passed Jan 31, my great uncle and one other family member passed this year so all of that, especially my mom, has me in anxiety mode much of the time. I am fine then poof, it hits. I cry, get scared, feel all sorts of pains and such that I am sure is something deadly. I took a perceived stress test and didn't exactly come out well on it, scored quite high and that scares me because I know stress and anxiety play a negative part in your health. If something happens, for example my sister and dad arguing tonight and they put me in the middle of it, I just can't get it out of my head and I end up causing myself anxiety. I get so irritable from feel so worn out and 'not right' all the time that I sometimes snap at my four year old, don't care for going places sometimes because of fear of anxiety, etc. Tomorrow morning my daughter has a dentist appt and I am feel anxious about it because I know I will have to be there for a while and I can't leave so I fear I will feel trapped, am going alone and won't have someone to help me if I feel anxiety there.
I don't take any meds, I am a bit afraid of them, and afraid of going to the doctor. I know once family issues subside the anxiety will go away tremendously, but unfortunately my main anxiety inducing issue (my dad is undergoing complications from a gallbladder surgery, is depressed and needy and leans on me for EVERYTHING) will not be over for at least another month. Can anyone at least just tell me I will be okay and I will get through it? I want to feel normal again but sometimes I feel the strangest little pains that I know are anxiety, like nerves in my head twitching and it freaks me out, pressure in my head, tightening in the muscles in my chest, inability to breathe deeply, you name it! Husband tries but he is so busy with work and just doesn't understand, it's hard for him to know how to handle me and I just wish someone would be here to help me through this difficult time. I want to feel relaxed and normal so badly. Somebody, give me something good to chant to myself to make me believe I'll live through it all! I am so tired sometimes I don't even have the energy to talk about my issues or even cry about it any more.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2007, 09:26 PM   #2
(female)

Helgabsnapdrago HB User
Re: Inability to stop thinking of EVERYTHING at once..cause me anxiety

Hi there,
I know what you feel like! In less then a years time I had lost my dad ( who was in bad health for years), Great grandma, and dads mom all were close to me. Also in that time I had my son, my moms house burned down, she moved in with me and my husband, We lived next door to his mother and I was watching kids! my head was so messed up. I was so not there that my husband was just sure that I was cheating on him!
I was looking at some drugs from the doc. when I started yoga every day! It helped sooooooooooo much! It is hard to do some times but if you make yourself do it you wont regret it. Stay away form coffee and sugar!!

hope that helps

Old 05-16-2007, 04:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

V_dubgurl HB User

I know how you feel! When I lost my dad, my family took a turn for the worse. My brother starting drinking way to much, my mom was taking anxiety meds to the point where she wouldn't get out of bed for months, my sister ended up a heroin adict. Ha! And I had to be the one to deal with it all. Hang in there. I still get bad attacks from time to time, but over all I can't complain. Things have gotten much better. And that helps alot. Just make sure you take the time to greive. I never had the chance.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:54 PM   #4
(female)

IslandDebTx HB User

thanks for the advice, guys. I have thought about trying yoga, so maybe I will do that. It is not easy for me to stay away from sugar but I will try to cut that down. If I get too busy and forget to eat or need a quick pick me up because I get lightheaded, sugar seems to be a quick fix until I can find time to eat but I will try to do better at that and prepare healthy things, because for example just tonight, and right now as a matter of fact, I just ate a rice krispie treat and some milk and then I turned to set the glass down and got a sharp pain in my chest area, of course I thought the worst but then realized, or tried to talk myself into it, that if I could massage away the pain then it wasn't life threatening, and when I calmed down, it went away. Before that I was trying to beg God not to let me die and how sorry I was that I ate the darn rice krispie! Is that not insane or what? Today was better with my dad when I went to tend to him, he was actually in a good mood, which seemed to really take a load off me. I think a big part of my anxiety is that with my mom gone I have been taking care of him and I just don't feel like I have a person to turn to. You know how moms are, they always baby you and make you feel loved no matter what, it was hard to lose that and I think I have had so many more anxiety attacks in the last year than I've had in my whole life. I don't push away the grief but I am so tired of being sad and crying. I just want to get to the part where I'm able to remember and smile....
I cannot tell you how much it means to post something and get an encouraging word back in return. I say it every time I post and in my good moments I try to do the same for others here, it really helps tremendously just to know that you are NOT going to go insane and the negative feelings will not last forever and that you will NOT die from it, much as it feels that way at the time. Thank you so much for replying to me and if anyone else has anything to say, it would be so welcome because if any of you are like me, it is reassuring to get many affirmations that you are not crazy or going to die.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Trixibel HB User

i do sympathise with you, you poor thing. must be so hard to lose your mom and have your dad leaning of you. it's not surprising you're anxious, you'd be still grieving as well. take it easy and be kind to yourself. yoga is a good idea. even just letting those thoughts go for a few moments and letting yourself 'be'. focus out of your head for a moment. listen to the sounds around you, ground yourself in your body, take some deep breaths. just let it all go. try to do this for a minute or two every hour. there are supplements you can take that help with anxiety, if you don't want to go down the meds track. make sure you take a good dose of vitamin B, some fish oil and calcium/magnesium. all are supposed to help with anxiety.

make sure you put some time aside each day just for you. indulge yourself. have a bath, go for a walk, listen to some music. anything that makes you feel good. take care of yourself. try to eat protein at every meal. keeping your blood sugar balanced helps stop anxiety, too. if you eat too much sugar your anxiety will come in peaks as your blood sugar fluctuates.

Old 05-17-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
(female)

IslandDebTx HB User

Thank you for the information. I know I need to slow down and it does help when I manage to 'just be', as you say. I will also try the vitamin supplements. the past few days have been okay, with the exception of last night. this morning was very nice as I was able to sleep in after bringing the kids to school, i needed it badly and just turned the air conditioning down, had my trusty chihuahua and we took a nap. I don't know about anyone else but with anxiety I find it difficult to sleep at night, well... to fall asleep early and then I find myself waking up in the night. It makes me kind of tired during the day. I might try getting some sleepytime tea as someone else suggested. I tried Tazo's "Calm' and hated the taste, very medicinal but realized it was the licorice in it. Yuck! Good if you like licorice though. Ha....

Old 05-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Yeah I have a really hard time falling asleep too. I have been taking Lunesta which is working wonders! I just don't want to get dependent on it. I fear that I already am though. Oh well I just try to take things a day at a time now.

Reply Reply