It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #16
(female)

zeyavia HB User
Re: Questions About Alprazolam (xanax)

so i took my pill and split it in half...its actually .25 so i guess i ended up with .12.5 which i know is nothing but it made me feel better
i took it when i was feeling fine
at first i freaked myself out after i took it...was scared id get lightheaded and drop over...after awhile i felt ok and i really didnt notice a change in how i normally feel when i dont have anxiety...felt a bit calm...but thats it...so three hours have passed and im guessing since i took so little its on its way out of my system
the thing is im wondering if i didnt feel much cause a) my dose was low and b) i wasnt having anxiety...
if your having anxiety and you take it...you feel the dif. that much more?????
if i take it say tomorrow when i feel fine but then try to do an activity like drive somewhere semi far...(20 min. for me is far...lol) and i get through it...without having anxiety...is THAT is what xanax does?????

Old 06-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #17
(female)

UGAfan HB User

I am new to the world of stress related anxiety (since Feb.), and I am TOTALLY anti-medicine, so when my doctor prescribed Alprazolam as needed I was very wary. They tried to get me to take Lexapro for my stress related anxiety, but I tried it one day and HATED the way it made me feel. The Alprazolam is the only thing that I can take and not feel weird. It just calms my nerves. The prescription I have is for .25mg, but I cut that in half and it still calms me. I don't feel drunk, dizzy, loopy, etc. I usually only take it when I am having an attack, but when my anxiety attacks started back in Feb. I took the Alprazolam for a week on vacation and didn't have any adverse effects from it. It just made me feel normal. Hope that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2007, 08:17 AM   #18
(female)

zeyavia HB User

yeah i mean that is how i wanna be with it AS NEEDED...my friend said i should just take one everyday but i mean i dont wanna get to that point...although this morning i feel very anxious and not sure why
i think its cause i read some stuff bout xanax CAUSING you to have anxiety after it tapers off but im pretty sure im only doing it to myself cause lots of ppl take it as needed...

Old 06-03-2007, 11:44 AM   #19
(female)

nena4834 HB User

When I first started taking a benzo, I would take it everyday up to 1 mg. When I started to feel better, I slowly weaned off it and had no problems. I rather take a benzo anytime than a SSRI (just my personal opinion). I think that drs. nowadays are very careful to who they prescribe them to because of the addiction factor. If your dr. thought you were a good candidate for it then believe him, but then only you really know yourself and what you are capable of. I'm glad that I was given the benzo and not put on another SSRI.

Old 06-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #20
(female)

zeyavia HB User

yeah i mean he gave me the lexapro but it scared me too much
i know some ppl are on it and doing great but i dont know...the weight gain was a major factor and who knows i still might try it...esp. now that i have the xanax..i guess my main thing is im confused on how often i should take the xanax...as in should i just go ahead and start my day off taking one or try to limit it to when i know im gonna be doing something that triggers my anxiety and/or when im having an attack
i think i need to take it a few more times and get more comfy with it and eventually it will be like taking an aspiren...i wont even think bout it...ill take it and an hour later be like 'oh i feel better'

Closed Thread