It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 06:42 AM   #1
(female)

zeyavia HB User
Questions About Alprazolam (xanax)

so my dr. gave me lexapro which i have decided not to take...then i called and asked for xanax...he gave me this stuff which i guess is the generic form of xanax...that is fine
but i have read some posts on here bout ppl saying the generic is AWFUL and can have bad effects on you???? and now i am basically scared to take it...i really do need help with some of my anxiety issues...im afraid to take it to test it out...and i hope it doesnt make me sleepy and makes me able to function cause i really need help while driving far away places and also sometimes at work
so can anyone tell me what to expect while on this
i know everyone IS different
its .25 mg and i was gonna break them in half...
really i only wanna hear positive things...ive read enough neg...

Old 05-31-2007, 08:52 AM   #2
(female)

Andrea84 HB User
Re: Questions About Alprazolam (xanax)

I've had no problem at all with the generic form of Xanax. It makes you a little tired but I think the amount you would be taking shouldn't be a problem.
I suggest trying it at home first and seeing how you feel but I don't notice anything dramatic with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
(female)

zeyavia HB User

did it make you dizzy?
i will try it at home
but eventually i hope it is something i can take while driving and also while out in the world...cause that is mainly when i have my anxiety ya know
i mean were you able to FUNCTION while on it...like drive and be out and about...or is it something you need to be home chilling with?

Old 05-31-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
(female)

Andrea84 HB User

It doesn't make me dizzy. It is just calming. I don't take any pills on an empty stomach. Everyone is different but I think that most people can be out and about on .25. (or you can cut a .25 in half to begin). You will know exactly how you feel when you take it at home and then you can judge whether you feel you can drive on that dosage. I was nervous about taking something initially and then saw that I felt fine on a low dose.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-01-2007 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Removed quote that was not needed. Ms_Mod

Old 05-31-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
(female)

zeyavia HB User

thanks...i will do that...i just feel like if i take when im not in panic mode...like im taking a drug..you know what i mean...i dont know im strange...but thank you for your pos. response...
so it just made you CALM...and helps with your anxiety...?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:51 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

younggranny HB User

I also take .25mgs of xanax whenever i need it and i never had any bad side effects...Just made me feel calm and maybe a little tired, but nothing that i couldn't function with...and sometimes it does not even make me tired...I think it helps very well with anxiety... I take the generic form also...I think you will get along just fine with taking that small amount....

Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM   #7
(female)

Andrea84 HB User

I really understand what you mean about not wanting to take it when you don't need it. I take it only when I'm anxious - and I don't increase the amount - xanax takes the edge off and enables me to function calmly in stressful situations. I don't think there's anything wrong with using a drug wisely to treat anxiety - just as people take a drug for any other medical or biochemical condition.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-01-2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Removed quote that was not needed. Ms_Mod

Old 05-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

hotdam HB User

Zyavia: I have been taking xanax (generic form) since January, without it I dont know what I would have done. I am now taking Xanax XR because it is time released and lasts up to 12 hours, it really helps with the anxiety. I also take paxil and so far it has been working great for me, but again everyone is different. The xanax like everyone said calms you. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-01-2007 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Removed quote that was not needed. Ms_Mod

Old 06-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #9
(female)

zeyavia HB User

thank you so much guys
were you all nervous at first??
so its ok to take it when im feeling ok...just to see how it effects me?

Old 06-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #10
(female)

Andrea84 HB User

It's not a big deal either way - Xanax is not dramatic - of course you won't really appreciate the lessening of anxiety effect if you take it when you're totally relaxed. (probably then you'll just feel a little tired).
I get nervous with new things too but this is a very gentle drug.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-01-2007 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Removed quote that was not needed. Ms_mod

Old 06-01-2007, 04:25 PM   #11
(female)

zeyavia HB User

k one more question can i still take my vitamin b i take and my multi on a day when i may take xanax
and can i still take a bayer if i have a headache if i also take a xanax

ok well maybe one day i have off ill take one...i mean i know i wont be able to appreciate the lessening of anxiety but i dont wanna wait until im at work or something and having an attack to take one cause id be scared on how i might react...im the type who CREATES side effects you know...but ill be fine...im just gonna remember its to HELP me and not hurt me

Old 06-01-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
(female)

Andrea84 HB User

I take vitamins every day - has nothing to do with Xanax. Any other medications - I always check with the pharmacist for interactions. I don't take aspirin because it hurts my stomach.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-02-2007 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Removed quote that was not needed. Ms_Mod

Old 06-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #13
(female)

zeyavia HB User

k ill call and ask sometime
i dont know why im so scared...
its like im scared to feel better...does that make any sense at all?

Old 06-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #14
(female)

zeyavia HB User

i still have not taken it and not sure when i will
i just dont feel right taking it if im not having an attack but yet i wanna test it out in the safety of my own home and not when im out having one...i dont want that to be my first time
i have a child and so its hard cause i dont want to have a bad reaction and not be able to care for my daughter...im so scared and confused...
im not sure why...why cant i just be normal and take the damn pill

Old 06-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
(female)

syradmb HB User

You said your script is for .5? Try taking half of that. .25 is really nothing...

Closed Thread